Old 05-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
Shurflo 4008 RV By-Pass Pump leakage

We recently completed a 3100 mile round trip with our 2012 Silverback 29rk and I experenced a few problems with various systems/components. I thought I would post the problems and the fixes in the correct threads in a chance that someone else could correct a simiar problem. In most cases, like everything else, the corrective action is usually the action that corrects the problem.

Our first problem was finding water on the floor of the pass though compartment ( the one that has the water servicing components and main water filter on the left side.)

We looked and felt every water line, fitting, washer/dryer drain line, top of the compartment that we could reach and see without locating the source of the leak.

After bringing the FW in for some warrently work, we mentioned the water leak to the RV repair shop.

Long stoty short - the leakage was coming from the water strainer located on the rear of the pump as it is mounted in our unit.

The strainer had loosen over a period of time and travel and had started leaking around its strainer element holder. A simple tightening of the holder is all it took to stop the leak. The strainer also had a few specks of material/scale in it.

Checling of the strainer is now on my yearly maintanence schedule. And yes, the manual for the pump does mention this item
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote