Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #21
Not such a Junior anymore

The thing came pre-charged at 30 psi (per documentation). I did not touch anything on the pump or accumulator. The pump is the Shurflo Revolution (factory installed) and I think its got a 55 psi shut-off.

It allows about 4 seconds of water flow before the pump kicks in, so it seems to be fine.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #22

For people who live in places where you winterize remember to place a (Shutoff) valve at your pressure tank. This will keep Anti-freeze from filling the bladder tank.Turn on any outlet till it stops flowing water,shut off valve to pressure tank,then run you winterizing procedure like normal. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
For people who live in places where you winterize remember to place a (Shutoff) valve at your pressure tank. This will keep Anti-freeze from filling the bladder tank.Turn on any outlet till it stops flowing water,shut off valve to pressure tank,then run you winterizing procedure like normal. Youroo!!
For the larger tanks, great idea.

For the little ones, like mine, I do let it fill with the pink koolaid, it's cheap enough and it protects it for the winter.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #24

Been thinking of adding an accumulator tank as well, but I am wondering... I know that having it will help keep the pump from on during a late night flush, but I am more interested in power saving benefits. Even though the pump will not come on as often, when it does, will it stay on longer than normal to build the pressure back up in the accumulator tank? Just wondering.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #25

Yes.

Dave and Marcia
2002 Ford F350SD 4X4 Crew cab Long bed, 7.3PSD Automatic
2007 Flagstaff 829RGSS (link to mod photos)
https://s251.photobucket.com/albums/g...%20its%20mods/
welove2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #26
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtsx3 View Post
Been thinking of adding an accumulator tank as well, but I am wondering... I know that having it will help keep the pump from on during a late night flush, but I am more interested in power saving benefits. Even though the pump will not come on as often, when it does, will it stay on longer than normal to build the pressure back up in the accumulator tank? Just wondering.
I think it is not a "power saver" feature. It will still need to run long enough to replace the pressure you use. It will not run "longer" just that same IMO.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:06 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769

I think it is not a "power saver" feature. It will still need to run long enough to replace the pressure you use. It will not run "longer" just that same IMO.
I guess his theory is that if the motor is cycling less then it is drawing max amps less.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #28
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by fschambe View Post
I guess his theory is that if the motor is cycling less then it is drawing max amps less.
I suppose this a valid point. Like any inductive load, there is a start up spike in current to get the motor to start rotating. In the case of the small motor in the water pump the difference between running current and start up current is small and for a very short (fraction of a second) time period.

My Battery monitor displays DC amperage all the time and the display does not react fast enough to catch the spike. The AC monitor on the other hand DOES show the air conditioner spike and I was shocked the first time I saw it when I installed the display.

My 15K Coleman Mach III pulls 14.8 amps running both the fan and the compressor. The STARTING amps peak at 28.9 amps for about a second.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #29

concerning power saving...think about this if the pump starts once to fill the accumulator and reach shut off pressure, it uses x number of watts including startup. when it has to surge, it'll still use x number of watts for the same volume of water, but now has the additional start up current at each surge. thus using more wattage for a given amount of water.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #30
Not such a Junior anymore

The one thing my install did was to stop the chattering. I have low flow aerators, and when running the water, the pump would chatter. The lights would flicker, which seems like its starting/stopping the entire time.

With the accumulator, it goes for a few seconds, then pump stays on solid to fill up the tank again, shuts off again for 5 seconds, etc. No lights flickering.