Old 07-28-2016, 11:54 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Great Job,,, I must take another look,,, I did not think I had a place for winterize kit !!!
When trying to sneak the winterizing valve into 7.5 inches, it was determined that the hot water bypass kit would give me everything needed except for the 90 going into the pump. It was cheaper to buy the bypass kit than to buy individual components. The price of one valve was also very near the price of the kit which didn't didn't make sense. Of course, I needed the half inch crimp rings which I carry a supply of. I don't recall if I moved the pump slightly down, but did have to maneuver around the wire harness. If your set up is like ours, the below parts will get it done.Most of the parts already there are just reconfigured.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BQUJL8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 07-29-2016, 06:33 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenJoe View Post
When trying to sneak the winterizing valve into 7.5 inches, it was determined that the hot water bypass kit would give me everything needed except for the 90 going into the pump. It was cheaper to buy the bypass kit than to buy individual components. The price of one valve was also very near the price of the kit which didn't didn't make sense. Of course, I needed the half inch crimp rings which I carry a supply of. I don't recall if I moved the pump slightly down, but did have to maneuver around the wire harness. If your set up is like ours, the below parts will get it done.Most of the parts already there are just reconfigured.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BQUJL8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the info Joe !!!
I will be checking it out before fall !!!

Old 07-29-2016, 07:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by model71 View Post
Hi Folks, a quick followup, teflon tape did not work on the black plastic cap of the drain hose, what did work was an oh ring inside the cap, just passed finger tight and leak stopped. a good quick fix till i can get some good ball valves down there.
My blue and red shutoff valves have a plastic washer already in them that works very well. Only issue is you have to keep track of them when you remove the cap as they will fall out of the cap and can easily get lost in the grass
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
12 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:37 AM   #14

When I first saw the cap on our hot water low point drain,,, even before I know what it was,,, I ran to our corner RV store and bought an extra one !!!
Old 07-29-2016, 08:14 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Great Job,,, I must take another look,,, I did not think I had a place for winterize kit !!!
Think about the install of those "Winterizing Kits" they are VERY Restrictive by their design! Your call but here is a Pic of the "Half Hole" your pump will be be supplied through AFTER install! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002 (5).jpg
Views:	20
Size:	371.8 KB
ID:	115702   Click image for larger version

Name:	003 (5).jpg
Views:	21
Size:	403.4 KB
ID:	115703   Click image for larger version

Name:	005 (4).jpg
Views:	22
Size:	338.6 KB
ID:	115704  
Old 07-29-2016, 08:36 AM   #16

Hopefully the picture works. I used these on mine. I think 3/4" is the size you need. Its just a PVC ball valve, a little over $3 at Lowes. If you go this route, just get the one that is threaded. Remove the black caps from the low point drains (and be careful, if you are in the wrong place or not ready for it, you will get wet). Then screw the ball valve on in its place, and done. Then in the future for draining the low point drains it is as simple as turning the valve and done.

If the pic didn't post, here is a link:
Shop AMERICAN VALVE 3/4-in PVC Sch 40 Female In-Line Ball Valve with Integral Stops at Lowes.com

Old 07-29-2016, 08:37 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
My blue and red shutoff valves have a plastic washer already in them that works very well. Only issue is you have to keep track of them when you remove the cap as they will fall out of the cap and can easily get lost in the grass
I installed shut off valves inside the unit and just leave the drain ends open. First and most important was that when you have water sitting in them during the winter or worst a freezing night. They will freeze then the plex will expand at the fitting and all of a sudden you have a leak inside your basement. I know it happened to me in Florida of all places a couple of years ago. Lesson learned, either insulate them if exposed to the weather or install some shut off valves inside the basement on the hot and cold low point drains.....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:38 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Think about the install of those "Winterizing Kits" they are VERY Restrictive by their design! Your call but here is a Pic of the "Half Hole" your pump will be be supplied through AFTER install! Youroo!!
Years ago I installed one on our old TT,,, but did not see room for one on the Sunseeker,,, but will now take another look,,, the Sureflow elbow might just do the trick !!! Thanks Again !!!
Old 07-29-2016, 08:39 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
X's 2 it will cut your water in half, volume wise..
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:04 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
X's 2 it will cut your water in half, volume wise..
We can probably live with that,,, we do not use our shower anyway !!!
Thanks for the advice !!!

Tags
drain, valve