Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #1

Siezed P.O.S. Drainmaster Dump Valves!!

Right,,Cedar Creek installed three Drainmaster dump valves in my Daydreamer and as of last spring they have been replaced with new ones under my extended warranty as they had all failed,now here's where it gets cute,,,last week the black-tank valve quit,i removed the bottom covers and manually opened them but they would close fine but not open just like the other times so i call Drainmaster(after the lousy job and out-right grief my local Cedar Creek dealer caused me)and the young lady suggested i try testing the valve manually using a battery which it functioned perfectly AZAR!!! So it's at that piont that Drainmaster tells me that the original swithces had magnetic contactcs that were failing so they replaced them with a better switch so $130 sheckles later i invest in three new swithches.

Ok,,got the new switches,installed them myself and all is well but now i'm thinking this kinda' sucks,,,according to drainmaster they stopped selling the old style switches a while back because the were failing and now offer the new ones to replace them but they STILL SELL the old switches in what they term as the "12VDC Standard Gate Valve System"for $98 and the "12VDC Premium Gate Valve System"that they sell for $138 that has the new switches and aside from the wireing harness the two valves look identical to me it's just the switches that are different. So if the old-stle switches are junk,why do they still sell them? But what really sizzles my bacon is all three of these valves were doing the same thing and were replaced at our local cedar Creek dealership which was a complete expensive P.I.T.A.(after dealing with them i vowed to never have a dealer do anything for me again!)when all that was really wrong was those hinky original switches that would have been CONSIDERABLY cheaper and WAY FASTER to replace and i would assume that both the dealer and drainmaster would have been hip to those junk switches so i guess i got hosed by both of them!

Oh well,it's only money!
MPI_Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Lol you feel better now?

I sure hope so cause I was thinking a paramedic was needed in short order...

Sounds like the issue is fixed accordingly now and hopefully with years of trouble free service!

Btw my dad always says"it only costs a little more to go first class" "and a little more gas to get there"

Have a great day!

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote