Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Sink aerator parts

While blowing out lines in prep for Winterizing I found small screen in kitchen sink. It obviously comes from the faucet so I removed the aerator and can't figure out how this screen fits in the system as there is already a screen attached to the plastic part. The screen that came out does not seem to fit anywhere. It is smaller than the opening in the faucet.

Screen piece is on left. The retaining cap then the aerator with a screen molded in the plastic.

I have no idea what brand this part is as there is no name on the faucet.
My RV is a 2008 Coachmen Freelander (Freedom Express)2130QB
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
Dallas Texas

That screen may have been bonded to the bottom of the aerator on the right and when you blew the line out it broke loose. Either way like you said the aerator has a screen on it so the other may be overkill.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #3

Put the screen in the center piece. Then pit the plastc piece in with the little round holes facing up. Then screw it on the faucet.
Priusron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #4

Don't you have another faucet in your rig with an aerator to check? That aerator is a standard size and available at most home supply stores and/or walleyworld. take it with you for reference. They're really inexpensive.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
Commercial Member

The other aerator only has one screen. Like the one on the right in the picture.
The screen on the left in the picture simply falls through the retainer ring so I can only figure it was somehow molded to the bottom of the plastic aerator (right hand piece) and the molding or glue failed.

For now I have left the 2nd screen off. The RV is winterized so will have to wait till Spring to test out.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Old 11-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
The other aerator only has one screen. Like the one on the right in the picture.
The screen on the left in the picture simply falls through the retainer ring so I can only figure it was somehow molded to the bottom of the plastic aerator (right hand piece) and the molding or glue failed.

For now I have left the 2nd screen off. The RV is winterized so will have to wait till Spring to test out.

Will it fit a kitchen or bathroom faucet?
Old 11-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Will it fit a kitchen or bathroom faucet?
It might but the bathroom is definitely plastic while the kitchen is metal. The bathroom aerator only had 1 screen. I had never seen an aerator with 2 screens before.

This really isn't a big deal. I just wondered why I had 2 screens on one faucet.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
It might but the bathroom is definitely plastic while the kitchen is metal. The bathroom aerator only had 1 screen. I had never seen an aerator with 2 screens before.

This really isn't a big deal. I just wondered why I had 2 screens on one faucet.

I just pulled one off in the bathroom, it has two screens in it.

Kitchen was replaced by a water filter(Pur)

Tags
parts