Old 02-23-2016, 04:19 PM   #11

Nick M that's how my bathroom was also. I just cut the Pex about 6 inches or so down from the faucet then after getting the new faucet and the flexible connecting hoses, I recut the Pex to the right length. You can use any push on valve that has a 3/8th male connection for the flexible hose. I like Sharkbite's, I think the pvc ones are bulky.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:58 PM   #12

I also replaced the bathroom and kitchen fixtures with single lever fixtures. The fittings on the coach's pex tubing matched the connections on the fixtures.

The first one I got for the kitchen would have required replumbing the pex. I took it back and found another one that worked better. The first one had extended supply tubing that hung down too far. Look closely at how you can best connect the pex to a new fixture and try to buy one that is the easiest to install. The one I got has a pull-out spray head. It took some work to move and tie back the pex so the hose would move freely.

RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:01 PM   #13

The faucet is repairable get a tube of silicone plumbers grease take it apart and lube all moving parts should stop the leak. Did this to all our faucets work better than new now.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:29 PM   #14

Wowzer! Super quick fix, thanks jc furnace man. Picked up a tube of grease Nile in Ace hardware this morning, came home and finished that little job in less than 10 minutes. Thanks again to you and the forum.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:22 PM   #15

Yep no problem lube makes everything better
Old 03-10-2016, 10:48 PM   #16

Hope your luck is better than ours was, the lube worked for a week then back to the loud squeak on the hot side. Let us know how things turn out.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:09 AM   #17

I had Moen before and I had same problem . Last month I installed Kraus KPF-1622SN Single Lever Pull Down Kitchen Faucet . This is a beautiful faucet! I spent hours online looking for a economical faucet with a modern look, and this was a clear first choice. I was not disappointed. I wasn't initially keen on the pull-out feature, but unlike most inexpensive models, this has a plastic braiding around the hose, allowing it to move smoothly in the spout, a spring return feature, and due to the aerator part not having a sprayer, no nickle colored plastic! It appears to be higher in quality then the Moen I replaced (more comparable to my parents Brizo) and is infinitely better then anything I saw in my price range at the big box stores.

Tags
faucet, roo