Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2016, 07:50 PM   #1

Squeaky bathroom faucets

Searched this sub-forum but did not find an answer so here goes:

Hot and cold faucets in our bathroom squeak loudly when turning the handle. This began with the hot water and now the cold water is doing it. I've pulled the handles off and the valve appears to be all plastic. Can these plastic valves be repaired like a residential faucet or does the whole fixture need to be replaced?

Thanks in advance,
Old 02-19-2016, 07:56 PM   #2

I would just go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy a Moen or whatever brand name you like and junk out the plastic, they are just not worth the effort to repair.
Old 02-19-2016, 08:42 PM   #3

Mine squeak too and drives me nuts!
In my old camper I swapped out a bathroom sink faucet with a slop sink faucet because I wanted a hose fitting in the bathroom for toilet rinse also changed the kitchen one to make it usable.
Very easy to do.

2015-26days, 2014-32days,
2013-33days, 2012-30days
brownie289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:25 PM   #4
Who Dares, Wins

I just ripped mine out and replaced it with a mowen or something like from Lowes. Much better quality and looks nicer.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:29 AM   #5
WFD

Do the RV water supply hoses fit right onto the household brands from the likes of Lowes or Home Depot or will the water supply lines need to be altered?
Old 02-20-2016, 12:30 AM   #6
Who Dares, Wins

Nope, mine threaded right on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 05:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
Do the RV water supply hoses fit right onto the household brands from the likes of Lowes or Home Depot or will the water supply lines need to be altered?
If you have "long skinny arms" it is a easy R & R with Upscale Home Fixtures Bath & Kitchen! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4090.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	330.0 KB
ID:	99943  
Old 02-20-2016, 08:31 PM   #8
Site Team

If you want to temporarily repair them you can buy some pool lube and remove the stems and lube the stems and o-rings and it'll stop the squeak for a while.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:39 PM   #9

Squeaky bathroom faucets

Agree very much with others, the time you spend trying to make the squeak stop will take longer than replacing it. The only difference in the RV unit and one from Lowes etc is that the RV unit has a smaller water restricter so you don't use quite so much water. Personally I like having a little more water flow so I went with one from Lowes.

Ours did not have shut off valves. I cut the Pex tubing and put on two 1/2 to 3/8 Shark Bite valves the new faucet screwed directly on to these. I also did that to the kitchen while I was doing the repair.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:07 PM   #10

Great information

Well, mine have pex all the way up to the valve so looks like some fluid engineering may be in order. If I can find the shark bite fittings for a residential fixture then the job shouldn't be too difficult although it looks like having a cone head and rubber neck would be an advantage.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:19 PM   #11

Nick M that's how my bathroom was also. I just cut the Pex about 6 inches or so down from the faucet then after getting the new faucet and the flexible connecting hoses, I recut the Pex to the right length. You can use any push on valve that has a 3/8th male connection for the flexible hose. I like Sharkbite's, I think the pvc ones are bulky.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:58 PM   #12

I also replaced the bathroom and kitchen fixtures with single lever fixtures. The fittings on the coach's pex tubing matched the connections on the fixtures.

The first one I got for the kitchen would have required replumbing the pex. I took it back and found another one that worked better. The first one had extended supply tubing that hung down too far. Look closely at how you can best connect the pex to a new fixture and try to buy one that is the easiest to install. The one I got has a pull-out spray head. It took some work to move and tie back the pex so the hose would move freely.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:01 PM   #13

The faucet is repairable get a tube of silicone plumbers grease take it apart and lube all moving parts should stop the leak. Did this to all our faucets work better than new now.
Jc furnace man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:29 PM   #14

Wowzer! Super quick fix, thanks jc furnace man. Picked up a tube of grease Nile in Ace hardware this morning, came home and finished that little job in less than 10 minutes. Thanks again to you and the forum.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:22 PM   #15

Yep no problem lube makes everything better
Jc furnace man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:48 PM   #16

Hope your luck is better than ours was, the lube worked for a week then back to the loud squeak on the hot side. Let us know how things turn out.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:09 AM   #17

I had Moen before and I had same problem . Last month I installed Kraus KPF-1622SN Single Lever Pull Down Kitchen Faucet . This is a beautiful faucet! I spent hours online looking for a economical faucet with a modern look, and this was a clear first choice. I was not disappointed. I wasn't initially keen on the pull-out feature, but unlike most inexpensive models, this has a plastic braiding around the hose, allowing it to move smoothly in the spout, a spring return feature, and due to the aerator part not having a sprayer, no nickle colored plastic! It appears to be higher in quality then the Moen I replaced (more comparable to my parents Brizo) and is infinitely better then anything I saw in my price range at the big box stores.
Brydon Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faucet, roo