Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2016, 06:10 PM   #11
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by DiverDennis View Post
We picked up this 3 pack but only used the small one in the bathroom sink.

3-Piece Sink Strainer Set - Direcsource Ltd YX2012-0123 - Sink Accessories and Dish Soap - Camping World
Out here in California the 3 pack strainer is $0.99 at the 99 cent store.

Sheldon211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:01 PM   #12
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14
My suggestion Dollar General

I can usually find strainers in different sizes. I also buy Damp Rid 6 at a time. Great for cupboards in the rv. So much cheaper than CW.

waterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:15 PM   #13
Senior Member
rattleNsmoke's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Western Connecticut
Posts: 1,579
How about a rubber 'mat' that flops on the bottom of the sink and has slices in it to let the water drain? I don't have a pic, but we have those in our galley sinks.
2010 Cedar Creek 5th Wheel 34SATS "The Beast"
2006 Ford F350 Lariat 6.0L Diesel
2003 Harley Heritage Softail "Hogzilla"
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:38 AM   #14
Senior Member
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 4,473
Originally Posted by MickeyTrain5 View Post
I have 2 bathroom and one outside kitchen sink that has a drain plug that goes into the sink but there is no way to leave the plug loose to allow water to drain out. If you take the plug out all together you get a straight unobstructed hole to the bottom of the sink pipe. Can anyone advise of some kind of strainer I can put over the hole to keep items from getting lost down the sink? I don't want to wrap any extra chains or wires anywhere because I have 3 boys under 9 and anything they can touch will get torn apart. I've added pictures for you to see what I have. Also the plug that I have at the widest appears to be 1 1/4 inches in diameter and tapers down from. I spent 45 mins today with my local Lowes plumbing advisor and he was completely at a lost on what to do. Thank you for any help.
Those plugs are designed to be raised a small amount to allow the water to drain out,,, with out totally removing the plug,,, that said I sure like the screens several folks have shown here !!!

Wolverine 1945 is online now   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.