Old 03-11-2016, 02:19 PM   #11

Well, I have no black tank flush system, there is no water going into the FW tank when it's connected to city water, I do not have a pressure regulator just a filter (getting one right now though), and I took a set of pictures to show exactly what and where I'm talking about but don't have a url to post from. The spot is approx 4-5 feet in front and 2 feet to the side of the FW tank. the only possible thing to leak in the area would be the drain pipe from the kitchen to the WW tank and that would have to be pressurized to spray water upward and through metal which is definitely not likely. There is an AC vent in the wall that is next to the water spot, but we weren't using the ac. The water pump is right next to the FW tank I believe. For the FW tank and or pump to be the origin is not possible because it would have had to flow 4-5 feet forward to the spot passing under the bed. Under the bed was dry. There was also no water on or around either the pump or FW tank. I'm not trying to be dismissive and I know just about jack and s^&* about travel trailers, it just seemed to originate from the front and/or the bottom of the camper. It gets more and more surreal as it goes on. I guess I'll just hook it up and see what happens then go from there.

Old 03-12-2016, 03:54 PM   #12

fwiw. had a similar with my 14 Flagstaff 832 IKBS on 1st trip out Had tested (limited, not sustained) city water hookup and good results, but. the check-valve in the pump went south (or was defective). allowed the water to back-feed into the FW tank. which happened to have a loose overflow hose connection and allowed water to run back (outside the overflow hose).. into the trailer. all over bathroom floor under the sink, under the wall over towards BR slide out. and in general make a bit wet mess. New pump fixed things along with tightening that connector to the overflow hose. No problems since. it was under warranty, but in that instance I had to front the cost of the pump and FR paid me back.
that MAY or MAY not be similar to your problem, but might be worth checking.

woody9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitruvianman View Post
Well, I have no black tank flush system, there is no water going into the FW tank when it's connected to city water, I do not have a pressure regulator just a filter (getting one right now though), and I took a set of pictures to show exactly what and where I'm talking about but don't have a url to post from. The spot is approx 4-5 feet in front and 2 feet to the side of the FW tank. the only possible thing to leak in the area would be the drain pipe from the kitchen to the WW tank and that would have to be pressurized to spray water upward and through metal which is definitely not likely. There is an AC vent in the wall that is next to the water spot, but we weren't using the ac. The water pump is right next to the FW tank I believe. For the FW tank and or pump to be the origin is not possible because it would have had to flow 4-5 feet forward to the spot passing under the bed. Under the bed was dry. There was also no water on or around either the pump or FW tank. I'm not trying to be dismissive and I know just about jack and s^&* about travel trailers, it just seemed to originate from the front and/or the bottom of the camper. It gets more and more surreal as it goes on. I guess I'll just hook it up and see what happens then go from there.
I hate to say it but the only way you will find this leak is to hook the hose back up. Make sure you hook up a regulator first though! Some CG have very high water pressure that can cause problems! A regulator stays on my hose all the time. They are not that expensive and can save a lot of problems. Too high pressure can cause a fitting to leak that normally wouldn't leak.

Also keep in mind water leaks can travel and show up anywhere. Often where you wouldn't expect them to show up.

Jim

oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, light, water