Originally Posted by rvpezzano
I removed the burner and does the spark ignitor double as a flame sensor? there is nothing else in the chamber.
Yes; there is a low current (1.5 MICRO amps) that passes through the ionized gas in the flame to ground. No current; no flame; the control board shuts the gas off.
Cleaning the electrode might help by exposing unoxidized metal so there is more "good" surface area to expose to the flame.
Might want to check the spark gap too. The tip may be burnt off and the gap is too large.
Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW