Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2015, 04:43 PM   #21

Make sure connections to WH are not reversed.
Harkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:03 AM   #22

Have you checked the on or off switch? Mine was bad. I replaced it and water heater works well now.
hlgpena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:18 AM   #23

Hot Water Problem

I had the same problem w/my 2014 Crusader, I found when I checked my winter bypass valves , 1 was still open about a 1/8th of a turn, tightened them all and I have had great hot water since. Good Luck.
xleme93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:11 PM   #24

I have attempted everything that has been mentioned. still only hot water for 3 minutes and then cold and now the relief valve is dripping on an off like the tank is over heating so I guess it is time to call the dealer and let them figure it out on warranty.
RC08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:15 PM   #25

Test how much hot water you have just to be sure. Turn the hot water on to the outside shower and fill a five gallon bucket and see how much you get before it gets cold. You might be surprised how much water is really being used. Just my $.02
Old 05-18-2015, 07:18 PM   #26

wmtire...just wanted to thank you for the graphic you included with your response. Just this morning I dropped off my Sunseeker 2300 at a repair facility. I wanted them to check the water heater because I was getting lukewarm water. Went home and was looking on the Internet and saw your graphic. Decided to go back to the repair place and look at my RV valve settings...and what do you know...I had not blocked the flow between hot and cold....problem solved. Drove the RV home...no repair bill. THANK YOU!
GMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:16 PM   #27

I will try the bucket tomorrow to see thanks for the info. the camper we just traded in seemed to have plenty of hot water. not as much as a house but suffice to get thru a fast shower. this new unit seems to run out before you can get wet. maybe my old trailer had a bigger tank but I'm pretty sure it was a 6 gal tank. thanks again for the info
RC08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:45 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC08 View Post
I have attempted everything that has been mentioned. still only hot water for 3 minutes and then cold and now the relief valve is dripping on an off like the tank is over heating so I guess it is time to call the dealer and let them figure it out on warranty.
As far as relief dripping, the hw tank needs an air pocket to operate correctly. Turn the heaters off and run it cold. Shut the water off to the trailer and drain the tank. Refill the tank and see if it drips again when you heat the water up.

Tags
hot water, suburban, tank, water, water tank