Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2015, 03:37 AM   #1

Sunseeker 2650s Level Sensors,Leak Q-BClemens

Hi Brian and anyone else who may have some tips-

I have a new 2014 Sunseeker 2650s that was sitting on lot for awhile at dealer that went of business that I purchased from 2nd dealer that bought it. On our first 10 day trip, water was leaking and bedroom carpet was soaked entire time and got worse on right side of bed near tank inlets on outside.We took to dealer when we got back and were concerned about padding being wet for so long or any other damages that may have occured.
Dealer said the fresh water tank inlet and breather was leaking and repaired. After getting the run around I called the manuf to check on what kind of inspection or work should be done. He said notes say they apparantly stretched the carpet although dealer didnt tell me that. Per dealer no other inspection was done to check carpet, padding, subfloor, or bedframe. Just said they did a visual check on walls and see no damage and they are unable to lift carpet to check because warranty will not cover if no damage is found since they dont see any visual damage to walls. Manuf told me I can lift a corner myself with pliers and check if anything needs replacment or cleaning. I also want to note that the dealer did not use fans or extract any water and take pics and feel for moisture. They left the coach to air dry so it was drenched for approx 1 month total cause it sat there for a bit before being serviced. I am having my company mechanic inspecting now and will take back to dealer for any warranty work. At the very least I'm taking back to get carpet cleaned. Any advice to avoid any future problems that could occur from this leak?

Also, the grey and blank level readings were very wacky. Our fresh water was wacky too but that was most likely because of leak. I used to have a 2014 Coachmen Clipper and never had this problem and use the Geo Method when dumping. It was only 2 of us and the grey and blank levels showed almost full to full only after a couple of usages. I was told that MH's are notorious for inaccurate level readings. I kept dumping because I was concerned. What a pain. Any suggestions? I tried ice thinking maybe it was cause it sat on original lot for so long thinking that may help but it didn't. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:45 PM   #2

Wow, just found this exact problem with my 2015 3010DS. I have respiratory issues so I'm very much concerned about potential mold problems.

For the dumping, I'd get a clear add-on to your dump so you can see when it's "done." If you don't have a black tank flush, they make the clear add-ons with a flush inlet. Nothing beats a visual; sensors are rarely accurate.

Sure miss my Fleetwood Bounder, old age and all! Good luck getting your problems resolved!

2015 Sunseeker 3010DS
2005 Honda Element (toad)
Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.
widogmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, sunseeker