Old 07-22-2015, 09:32 PM   #11
Our Silverback had that problem from the beginning. Former dealer (where we bought it) added a lever to block everything till you got the hose on. Not a fix just a patch. The whole thing finally broke inside and had to get it fixed right somewhere else.
Also told us the green stuff running down the roof from the A/C was normal. Now having to replace A/C because all the freon is gone,(the green stuff running down the roof).

Silverback Iowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:20 PM   #12
Eastlake Roo If you wait for factory quality to come back I suspect you won't own another RV.

JoeNanMinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:14 AM   #13
Site Team
Surprise! Black tank lever defective upon delivery

Originally Posted by wrt111 View Post
We bought an Salem in Jan 2015, it has been in the dealer over 280 days that we have owned it. Gray tank Black tank mislabeled. Black tank came loose. Trailer flood due water fitting on commode.

Something's wrong with these numbers - either the "Jan 2015" part or the '280 days'.
Re: commode leak -- I caused a similar problem by using high pressure campground water without a pressure regulator.

Sent (I think)
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: 2013 = 49 / 2014 = 74 / 2015 = 74 / 2016 = 74 (booked = 11)
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 07:46 AM   #14
Originally Posted by EastlakeRoo View Post
Sorry to hear about all the bad experiences. I've had 3 trailers and each had their own fair share of challenges to say the least which the dealer and/or forest river fixed. Not sure I will buy another travel trailer once mine sells until the quality factor comes back.
Until the quality factor comes back ???
I am guessing you may never own another TT !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:05 AM   #15
OP yes there have been other units that have had the (Water Tank) fall OUT! In regards to the (Total PDI) we picked up our unit in the (COLD Winter) no Water just (Air Pressure) for Water system check! Come spring the F/W Tank had a (Body Grinder Burn in it) and the Pump didn't work! Total enclosed belly! So things Do Happen and Camp On! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:30 AM   #16
We had a grey water valve blocked open during a 5000 mi trip. Therefore we could not use sinks unless we we hooked up to sewer. Returned home and took in for warranty work. Report said "debris" blockage. A member of our camping group told me he had the same issue with a different manufacturer. He said when holes are drilled for fittings and the like, some remanents fall "into" the holding tank and "may" eventually cause an issue. So we are 2 and looks like you are number three (of many others)

twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote

black, black tank, tank