Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2014, 04:38 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Leander, Texas
Posts: 53
Tank fills while in storage

We have a 2013 Vibe and seem to have developed a problem that seems odd. We camped a couple weeks ago and drained all the tanks, knowing it would be a couple months before we'd be able to go out again. When we checked on everything this weekend, the toilet was about an inch from overflowing! There is no noticible leak or water draining in, but obviously it's coming from somewhere. We aren't hooked up to any water source and don't have any water in our fresh water tank. The only possibliy we can think of is that it's draining from the water heater - is that even possible?? Any ideas and/or solutions?

Thanks!
__________________

__________________
Jackie, Paul & Zyriah
Wybdgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:48 PM   #2
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Sounds like 2 things are happening. 1. Water pump left on. 2. Toilet valve is leaking.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
fonzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,237
If it's in storage and not hook up to any water supply, then I would check the roof vent stack for the black tank and see if cover is on or off. If missing, could have filled during rain storm.
__________________
Fonzie
2011 Rockwood 8319SS with ProPride 3P hitch/GoodYear Marathons/TST TPMS 507
2008 F250 Lariat CC SB 6.8L V10 4.10 axle ratio (NITTO TERRA GRAPLER G2 LT275/65R20E)
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:39 PM   #4
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
If it's in storage and not hook up to any water supply, then I would check the roof vent stack for the black tank and see if cover is on or off. If missing, could have filled during rain storm.
Would have taken quite a storm to fill the tank clear up into the toilet bowl through a 1-1/2" pipe.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:41 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
fonzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Would have taken quite a storm to fill the tank clear up into the toilet bowl through a 1-1/2" pipe.
OK multiple rain storms........
__________________
Fonzie
2011 Rockwood 8319SS with ProPride 3P hitch/GoodYear Marathons/TST TPMS 507
2008 F250 Lariat CC SB 6.8L V10 4.10 axle ratio (NITTO TERRA GRAPLER G2 LT275/65R20E)
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:43 PM   #6
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
OK multiple rain storms........
Like what Noah dealt with? Just ribbing ya fonzie!
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:48 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
fonzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,237
So now you have a choice of post #2 or post #3 or someone played a joke on you and filled your black tank using your black tank flusher......
__________________
Fonzie
2011 Rockwood 8319SS with ProPride 3P hitch/GoodYear Marathons/TST TPMS 507
2008 F250 Lariat CC SB 6.8L V10 4.10 axle ratio (NITTO TERRA GRAPLER G2 LT275/65R20E)
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:09 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Oakman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jefferson County, MO
Posts: 5,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wybdgrl View Post
We have a 2013 Vibe and seem to have developed a problem that seems odd. We camped a couple weeks ago and drained all the tanks, knowing it would be a couple months before we'd be able to go out again. When we checked on everything this weekend, the toilet was about an inch from overflowing! There is no noticible leak or water draining in, but obviously it's coming from somewhere. We aren't hooked up to any water source and don't have any water in our fresh water tank. The only possibliy we can think of is that it's draining from the water heater - is that even possible?? Any ideas and/or solutions?

Thanks!
Just to clarify, is it your black tank filling or just the toilet bowl?
__________________


Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:12 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
SKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,428
Could be residual system pressure leaking by the valve filling up the bowl, if your pump isn't left on that is.
__________________
Now-2014 Sierra 346RETS 5er BUB
Then-2002 Keystone Springdale 286RLDS TT

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
fonzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Just to clarify, is it your black tank filling or just the toilet bowl?
You're probably right and it is only the toilet bowl, I read too much into it....


Refer back to post #2
__________________

__________________
Fonzie
2011 Rockwood 8319SS with ProPride 3P hitch/GoodYear Marathons/TST TPMS 507
2008 F250 Lariat CC SB 6.8L V10 4.10 axle ratio (NITTO TERRA GRAPLER G2 LT275/65R20E)
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
storage, tank

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 AM.