Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2015, 08:14 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
V-Lite Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 141
Tank flush question

I have a Forest River Flagstaff V Lite TT. I have 3 water connections on the driver side of the trailer. The top one is labeled City Water. The two below it say nothing. The owners manual doesn't mention these connections. I assume they are tank flush connections. My question is which is which? There is a sticker off to the side that says Antifreeze but it is not next to one of these. So if they are tank flushes, which one would be for gray and black?
__________________

__________________
V-Lite Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:16 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
fonzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,237
Pictures always good if you have........
__________________

__________________
Fonzie
2011 Rockwood 8319SS with ProPride 3P hitch/GoodYear Marathons/TST TPMS 507
2008 F250 Lariat CC SB 6.8L V10 4.10 axle ratio (NITTO TERRA GRAPLER G2 LT275/65R20E)
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:15 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Lite Fun View Post
I have a Forest River Flagstaff V Lite TT. I have 3 water connections on the driver side of the trailer. The top one is labeled City Water. The two below it say nothing. The owners manual doesn't mention these connections. I assume they are tank flush connections. My question is which is which? There is a sticker off to the side that says Antifreeze but it is not next to one of these. So if they are tank flushes, which one would be for gray and black?
I believe one is for your fresh water holding tank fill and the other one would be for the black tank clean out. Grey tanks normally do not have a cleanout. If you have another holding tank fill access then I'm wrong about that but the grey tank input holds true.
__________________
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:31 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
I believe one is for your fresh water holding tank fill and the other one would be for the black tank clean out. Grey tanks normally do not have a cleanout. If you have another holding tank fill access then I'm wrong about that but the grey tank input holds true.
I am taking a WAG but I doubt that a (Threaded Connection) would be for (Fresh water Tank). Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:42 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Yorktown, VA
Posts: 33
Here is a picture of the connections on my 2014 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WTBS. Sorry its not the best, but its one I had from making an instruction sheet on satellite TV setup. The water connection in the upper left is the city water inlet. The connection under the cable inlet is for pumping antifreeze and the one below that is the black tank flush.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150111_153345.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	72599  
__________________
bwbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:46 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I am taking a WAG but I doubt that a (Threaded Connection) would be for (Fresh water Tank). Youroo!!
Not a WAG. Mine is and I know some types of trailers have gravity fill (thought this one might not) but have never seen a MH that doesn't have threaded connection for holding tank fill. Doesn't mean it don't exist, Just that I haven't seen it.
__________________
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:15 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
V-Lite Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwbarnes View Post
Here is a picture of the connections on my 2014 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WTBS. Sorry its not the best, but its one I had from making an instruction sheet on satellite TV setup. The water connection in the upper left is the city water inlet. The connection under the cable inlet is for pumping antifreeze and the one below that is the black tank flush.

What you show in your photo is what I have. Thank you for the explanation. The antifreeze sticker is not really located next to one of these connections, hence the confusion. I was surprised the owners manual didn't cover this. Thank you for the reply.
__________________

__________________
V-Lite Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tank

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 AM.