Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #1

Tank sensor wiring

Now I have the underbelly open (for other reasons not normally happening to most members here, the heating "duckwork" just kidding), I discovered all the wires from the middle tank (from the kitchen?) are just hanging there. How do I connect to the harness? Also the fresh water tank sensor quit working after couple work since we got it. Even when the tank is all full, it will only show two bars. I looked at the side of the tank and everything look fine. There are 4 wires come separately from the tank and joined in a small red thing and become two wires which join the harness. I'm very good with electronic and have all the right tools. Please point me to the right directions. I tried to do forum search on my iPhone and can't get it work. Thx in advance. Erwin
erwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwin View Post
Now I have the underbelly open (for other reasons not normally happening to most members here, the heating "duckwork" just kidding), I discovered all the wires from the middle tank (from the kitchen?) are just hanging there. How do I connect to the harness? Also the fresh water tank sensor quit working after couple work since we got it. Even when the tank is all full, it will only show two bars. I looked at the side of the tank and everything look fine. There are 4 wires come separately from the tank and joined in a small red thing and become two wires which join the harness. I'm very good with electronic and have all the right tools. Please point me to the right directions. I tried to do forum search on my iPhone and can't get it work. Thx in advance. Erwin
Have you tried the gauge mfg. on the net? Most of them post very good schematics, not many have memorized multiple connection diagrams.They are all color coded and are obvious when see the design.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #3

progress update:

I replaced all the broken wiring-pigtails, completely re-done the "duct-work" (was thinking about using something more durrable than the stock, no luck finding it), scrub cleaned everything down there (all the rodent waste, nesting, etc). Finally sealed the belly up yesterday. What a job! I probably will use the spray foam can to seal all large holes between the plumbing and the black plastic sheets (black silicone was used originally, I think). It's just easier this way. Also, I'm going to find something better than that cheap plastic drain valve for the fresh water tank, probably a solid brass garden valve permenently mounted on the frame. Erwin

1999 F350 7.3L PSD Superduty, Super cab, long bed, auto, Dually
1995 F350 7.3L PSD, stick, dump bed work truck
erwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #4

Here is a diagram and troubleshooting guide for the water monitor. I had to replace the resister divider for two of my tanks and repair a bad splice.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf KIB Monitor Panel M21 Wireing Diagram.pdf (56.4 KB, 1716 views)
File Type: pdf Micro Monitor Panel Troubleshooting.pdf (152.7 KB, 446 views)
Broadway Joe is offline   Reply With Quote