Old 06-19-2014, 02:43 PM   #11

Your local HomeDepot, Lowes etc should have similar device. Just need to know proper size pipe, probably 1 1/2 inch....

Sewer Smell from Vent under RV Sink

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/abs-...adaptor/968663

Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:55 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Any time you run water into the sink or shower, or flush the toilet, an equal amount of air needs to come out of the vents. I am just wondering if somehow you are getting odors from the vents themselves. I noticed just last weekend that I could the black tank while outside when the missus flushed the toilet.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:03 PM   #13
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Check out my recent post in the plumbing forum. We had an elusive smell in our 282RK and found it was a leaking pipe joint from the black tank dripping raw sewage in the underbelly.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:05 PM   #14
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxcamper View Post
Check out my recent post in the plumbing forum. We had an elusive smell in our 282RK and found it was a leaking pipe joint from the black tank dripping raw sewage in the underbelly.
It wasn't the toilet at all. the smell would be most noticible in the under sink and bathroom cabinets, the bedroom wardrobe, anyplace where there was a hole through the floor for pipes or wiring.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
Old 07-04-2014, 12:12 AM   #15
TSB

Anyone figure this out yet? Mine is under kitchen sink and all the time. It is awful.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #16

Still haven't found the source. I'd like to check if the tank vents are blocked but I don't have access to a ladder to get up on the roof.

About checking the pipes themselves, where are they routed? I assume through a wall, but I don't know which one. I'm not interested in pulling walls out only to find I removed the wrong one.

Anyone know of any detailed technical drawings for a 2001 AASport 28FB that might be available online?
Old 07-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxcamper View Post
I found your post, but we have no leaks under the trailer. The tanks are out in the open on mine. I've been under mine several times to push up on the bottom of them (they're a little droopy) in order to get the rest of the water out. Never saw any signs of leaks on either tank.

Now I've noticed sometimes when flushing the tank, I can smell the smell outside the trailer. It's odd too, because what we're smelling doesn't smell like the grey or black waters' usual smell. This is like a stink bomb; it's really sulfury. Almost like being near Mammoth Hot Springs in Yellowstone NP. And I only smell it around head level when inside the trailer, not near or under any of the drains, sinks, or cabinets. Definitely not from the grey tank, and flushing the toilet does not bring out the stench. I'm beginning to think something came disconnected in the vent pipe.

I'm at the point where I want to start tearing into things because the surface sources aren't looking like the culprit. But I'd really like to get my hands on some design plans for this trailer since I want to work in the right places, not guess and create new problems.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:47 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
Your local HomeDepot, Lowes etc should have similar device. Just need to know proper size pipe, probably 1 1/2 inch....

Sewer Smell from Vent under RV Sink

OS&B | ABS Air Admittance Valve With Threaded Adaptor | Home Depot Canada
The HD link is interesting as the vent that's in my trailer is a $2.92 cheapie. I shouldn't be surprised they opted for the cheapest thing on the market. For that price I'll try a replacement as they're in stock at all the nearby stores, then I'll tear into the external venting system in the event these are not the problem.

I have one in the kitchen and another in the bathroom. I'll swap them both since they're $6 total.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:06 AM   #19
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Did you pull off the toilet just to make sure the seal is still in place? You mention that the tanks are a little "droopy", if the top of the tank is concave, the seals from the toilet or where the vent pipe is attached could have come undone. Sure would hate to start ripping into things, but sometimes that's the only alternative, Good Luck!
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
Old 07-07-2014, 12:35 AM   #20

Well I replaced the air introduction valve in the kitchen, but can't replace the one in the bathroom because the geniuses who built this thing didn't allow enough room to unscrew the valve under the counter.

We've noticed we get the smell more as the tank fills more. We've left the grey tank open and that has left us odor free, so we may just continue doing that until I find the source.

Tags
tank