Old 05-18-2014, 09:06 AM   #11
Old Camping Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
I can barely handle one wife, thumbs up if you can handle two . I know what you meant, it's how it read.
WOW... Punctuation makes a huge difference. Thanks for heads up, I had a good laugh with it also!
I can't handle one, couldn't even dream of two...

2005 Club Car President
2002 Ezgo Limo, 2001 Ezgo
Eagle-751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:14 AM   #12
Explorer

I am watching........
I have been intrigued by the idea of a tankless. It is nice to see all the personal experience. I didn’t know it had a fan that would draw power while running. And yes the extra water that would surely be used.
I had heard that users of tankless have some kind of a learning curve, is this do to the hot water cold water mixing to get a good temp at a good pressure? Is there a difference in performance of tankless with hookups(constant water pressure and power) or without(running off water pump and battery power)?
Think I am still on the fence, I’ll keep reading
Thanks to all, good info
John

43yrs of camping; one lucky guy
YoungKopernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #13

If you decide to install one, get the Girad Gen II. Lots of complaints on the Gen I, which is probably why they get a bad review. The Gen II is much better.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:20 PM   #14
Old Camping Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungKopernik View Post
I am watching........
I have been intrigued by the idea of a tankless. It is nice to see all the personal experience. I didnít know it had a fan that would draw power while running. And yes the extra water that would surely be used.
I had heard that users of tankless have some kind of a learning curve, is this do to the hot water cold water mixing to get a good temp at a good pressure? Is there a difference in performance of tankless with hookups(constant water pressure and power) or without(running off water pump and battery power)?
Think I am still on the fence, Iíll keep reading
Thanks to all, good info
John
John, the fan does run the entire time you use the water and about 30 seconds after to cool down, it's not a big deal unless you are only on battery power, this is why I stated that. To me no problem at all...
The extra water to me is a blessing, I am very happy to use it getting the mud and crud off of me after a good run on the quad.
As for a learning curve... Yes it is different than the how water tanks, The tanks are the same temp no mater if you have it cracked, half way or full open, this is NOT true with tankless. The tankless uses a tubing system that gets heated at full open the water flow is fast, less time to heat up, half way closed the water is hotter because it is in the tubing longer... ( I turn the hot water on all the way, let it get hot, then I add cold water to get the temp I want, no problems. It will stay that way until I change it or shut it off. If you think of how it is made it only makes sense.
As for city hook up and tank with pump no difference at all... I have used it both ways and did not notice anything.
I agree with who ever posted earlier it is a love or hate thing no middle of the road on this one. However I can tell you of the three people I know personally that have them, we all love them.
Back to the learning curve, it really doesn't take long to figure out. My four Grand-daughters ( oldest one 12 youngest 5 ) had it figured out first week-end.
I too want to research everything to death and still want to know more... I like to see, feel and try before I buy... I am happy I took the chance on this one. I will never go back to a tank heater, not even for my house...
If you want to know more just let me know, I will be happy to help anyway I can.
Larry
2005 Club Car President
Old 05-18-2014, 02:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-751 View Post
WOW... Punctuation makes a huge difference. Thanks for heads up, I had a good laugh with it also!
I can't handle one, couldn't even dream of two...
LOL. When I read if the first time I though, he must be from Utah.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:12 PM   #16
Old Camping Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
LOL. When I read if the first time I though, he must be from Utah.
I did type out that my Grand-parents are Mormon... But, all though it is true, I did not want to offend anyone, so I back spaced it all off...
Maybe I should have said my wife and one of my Grand-daughters take baths and don't care for the shower so much... Oh well too late now.
It's always nice to get a good laugh.
2005 Club Car President
Old 05-18-2014, 07:19 PM   #17
Old Camping Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
If you decide to install one, get the Girad Gen II. Lots of complaints on the Gen I, which is probably why they get a bad review. The Gen II is much better.
I agree 100%, Gen 2 has the dial to adjust the temp. Awesome unit. I recommend it to everyone.

2005 Club Car President

Tags
tank, tankless