Old 04-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #21
Another rat in the race

It's the same with household tankless systems just for example the mountains cant use them because of the temp change. most of the time the water out of the ground is at around 30-40 to at best 50 degrees the tankless systems can only bring water up about 40 to 60 (but I've only seen 40 to 50 at best) so your just barely getting there then you play with the water up, down cold on, off causing flow rate differences in the hot side (not the shower head) and there you go. you have a yoyo heating issue lots of people put them in in the mountains to save on propane and ended up ripping them out. One solution is to have a 10 gallon tank for the temp to rise closer to room temp before it gets to the heater but then you might as well have a tank heater.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #22
Cabinet Bob

I have a new 302rl and love it. (Only had it out 2 weekends and then spent a week in it ). After the first trip out they replaced a "faulty valve"
the second trip it was not too bad getting a shower (more dribble than spray) Getting hot water to the basin and the kitchen sink is torture.
Today it is back at the dealer"s lot because I am not happy with the tankless water heater. We have been heating water on the stove for dishes and I discovered that the shower hose just barely reaches the basin.
The water volume has to be rediculously low to get the temp. up.
The service department called to say the other minor issues were taken care of but the heater was working properly. I let them know that if that is all I can expect I am not a happy camper. I have read the manual, tried the other setting ("Auto or ??" switch by the fridge)
IMO, IT JUST AIN'T RIGHT!
They are going to take another look at it and let me know what they can find.
The dealership has been very good to deal with so far but the jury is still out.
I had a tankless system in a Travel Aire back in the late 60s and it worked very well!
Still trying to think positively. It will all get fixed I'm sure.
Venting sure helps!!

Old 04-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #23

I know with ours a couple of weeks ago I ended up taking the pressure regulator off the incoming hose so that we could get enough pressure for it to work right.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #24
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob6870 View Post
Still trying to think positively. It will all get fixed I'm sure.
Venting sure helps!!
Please send me a private message with your contact information, VIN# and dealer you purchased from and I'll get someone from Girard in touch with you ASAP!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #25
Cabinet Bob

I am still spitting out the feathers after eating crow.
I was VERY nicely informed that the problem was not the tankless heater but the faulty customer.
I have not tried it yet but they assured me that it is working if I turn the kitchen tap on full then back off to halfway. It works for them as it should.
I picked it up and put it into storage for a couple more weeks before I get to test it for myself. (Why wouldn`t I trust them…)The service has been very good and I trust that they will continue to try to make me another happy Wildcat owner.
Thanks for your offer to get involved if required Chris. I'll give Fraser Valley RV every opportunity to do their part. So far they have been very good to deal with.
This forum is a fantastic way to learn more about what goes into making camping fun.
Thanks to all who contribute!!
Old 04-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #26
Travelin Man

We have to tankless water heater in our Sterling edition. We also have a love hate relationship with it, but I dont think we would go back to a water heater. We found that we use the low setting for our showers so that it does not get too hot. And since we boondock down in Arizona a lot in the winter water consumption is a big issue with us. What we did is cut off the top off a 1 gallon cranberry juice container and we fill that up when we are getting the warm water up to the shower head or sink faucet head in the kitchen. then I would take that water and put i back into the tank and we were able to go over 10 days at a time boondocking. we could have went longer if we had used our outside shower to rinse off with every couple of days and not put that water in the tank.
we then use the auto function for most of the other water uses in the camper and it works fine. I think it takes some getting used too but we finally got it figured out.
Hope this is helpful info. Doug
Old 04-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.wilsons
I know with ours a couple of weeks ago I ended up taking the pressure regulator off the incoming hose so that we could get enough pressure for it to work right.
We have a Wildcat fiver (2012) and have stopped using pressure reg on incoming water line to get enough water flow to shower head. Works fine, have had no water leaks from unregulated pressure. Speculate there may be pr reg built into system with on demand htr. FR manual does not mention need to use pr reg on incoming water line. Anobody have authoritative info on this?
Old 06-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #28

thinking about a lawsuit.. against Forest River and/or Girard.. I am sure I will end up scalding myself, in the shower.. before this WH ever works right.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #29

Tankless water heater

In a previous post I stated we had stopped using a pressure regulator on incoming water line and the water heater worked well. In talking to my dealer, I am informed that the Wildcat fifth wheel (2012 32MKS) will stand pressures up to 100 psi. Have bought a pressure gauge to check each time we hook up in a new campground. Tankless water heater did not work for me with 40-50 psi regulator. Hope I was given accurate info from dealer. We recently completed a two week trip without pr regulator in 7 different campgrounds without water leak problems. Perhaps factory expert can comment on pressure regulator issue.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #30
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck9997 View Post
thinking about a lawsuit.. against Forest River and/or Girard.. I am sure I will end up scalding myself, in the shower.. before this WH ever works right.
If this was a dealer installed option I don't see how FR can be involved.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad