Old 06-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
If this was a dealer installed option I don't see how FR can be involved.
I am not sure it was a "dealer install".. but my lawsuit comment was tongue in cheek anyway. It would not be worth any legal action.. although I do think someone might have a case.. when one of their children is scalded trying to take a shower.

I am just frustrated with the HWH.. Seems Girard and some Forest River people keep touting this as the best thing since sliced bread.. and I think they should at least admit.. there are a considerable amount of problems and bugs with the system and the way it works.

when I called Girard the tech rep said "It should work." I agree.. it should.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #32
JAYCO Representative

Please contact Girard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
If this was a dealer installed option I don't see how FR can be involved.
It also isn't a WILDCAT. I haven't been getting complaints like this on our installations.

There's little I can do to offer any help other that advising to contact Girard for more assistance:
GIRARD Technical Support Department phone number is: 866-559-1221
Hours are 7:30AM Ė 4:00PM PST (MON-FRI).
Email: ricardocastaneda@girardrv.com or kylejohnston@girardrv.com

Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #33

I just have one question.
If the tankless water heaters are supposed to raise the temp by 40 to 60 degrees, and one is using the camper supply in hot weather, where the "cold" water might already be 80 degrees, and couple that with the low pressure/flow of the 12V pump, might not the hot water come out at a scalding temperature?
I realise that the purpose of this system is to cut the cost of propane used for hot water, but I don't think I would be interested in it as an option. A few bucks for propane is a small price to pay to not have to worry about the possibility of getting burned, no matter how small the risk.
JMO
Old 06-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck9997 View Post
I am just frustrated with the HWH.. Seems Girard and some Forest River people keep touting this as the best thing since sliced bread..
Hey Chuck, since you have a
2010 WILDWOOD 22RBXL
I'm wondering why you're posting here in the WildCAT forums??
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #35

I figured out that it works best to shower with the control switch turned to low. It was a bit too warm for the kids on high. I was also reading the small pamphlet the came with the oxygenics shower head. That states to introduce a small amount of cold water if you're in a place with "extremely warm" cold water.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
It also isn't a WILDCAT. I haven't been getting complaints like this on our installations.
I never claimed this was a factory install.. I bought the RV used.. so I don't know.

However,.. this is just what I mean.. With all due respect,.. I can't believe you said you aren't getting complaints from WILDCAT owners who have factory installed Girard units. WILDCAT owner forums is where I have seen most of the complaints. I have tried many of the WILDCAT owner suggestions.. and in most cases had the same unsuccessful results.

Don't get me wrong.. I love my Forest River WILDWOOD.. and I really was happy when I found out it had a tankless WH. I just wish it worked better.. thats all.

I never clai
Old 06-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
Hey Chuck, since you have a
2010 WILDWOOD 22RBXL
I'm wondering why you're posting here in the WildCAT forums??
sure its a WILDCAT forum.. but the subject is GIRARD WH.. I did a search for "tankless water heater" and this is what I found..

It is a FOREST RIVER message board.. I thought we all could make comments.. guess I am wrong. Sorry I invaded the BIG 5TH WHEEL OWNERS exclusive club.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #38

I finally was able to take out my new Wildcat this weekend and try the tankless water heater. The first time I used the shower it worked flawlessly. I took a nice hot shower without incident. However, since that first shower I have not been able to get the unit to work correctly. Hot then cold, hot then cold. I figured it had to be a pressure problem so I headed down to the hardware store and bought a water pressure gauge. Water pressure was a 73 PSI at the shore valve. So then I thought "well maybe its too high?" I installed a pressure regular and the problems worsened. I have tried everything mentioned in this forum with no luck. I guess I will call Girard on Monday during my work day to see what they have to offer. I really have to say I am not pleased with the workmanship and quality of my new Wildcat.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #39
Site Team - Lou

Excellent point. This thread started out as a "Wildcat" (not really) issue but it really belongs in PLumbing.

Moved...

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad