Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2015, 08:52 PM   #1

Tankless Water Heater

I have a 2012 32RL Wildcat Sterling 5th wheel with a tankless water heater. I am able to get sufficient hot water to the shower, but cannot get hot water to the kitchen sink or bathroom sink. It will come out lukewarm at best no matter how slow or how long I run it and whether hooked to city water or from the tank. The kitchen sink has a lever handle for the faucet and the bathroom has separate hot and cold knobs. It has been like this from day 1. Any suggestions?
I've read most of the other threads on this subject, but I'm not sure my issue is the same as others I've read.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:14 AM   #2

Is the temperature switch set to high?
GaryE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 02:37 PM   #3

GaryE
Would that cause the shower to be OK and no hot water in the other faucets?
Thanks,
Rick
Old 05-31-2015, 02:59 PM   #4

It might, the water heater seems to be very sensitive to water temperature, preasure and flow rate. The shower head is more restrictive than the faucets causing less flow. Give it a try!
GaryE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:50 PM   #5
Future Buyer

Try the hot water from bathroom and kitchen faucets with the shower running hot water. If the other faucets are hot, then the flow from these faucets is too slow. I had to remove the flow restrictors from the shower and all faucets to get hot water from my tankless water heater. The water heater needs a minimum flow rate to fire up and is very sensitive.

The tankless water heaters are a joy when they work (endless hot showers when you have full hook up). However, they can be a real pain at other times.
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, tank, tankless, water, water heater