Old 11-04-2017, 01:54 PM   #1

Tanks filling oddly

We have been on site for 2 days and when I checked the tank levels a few minutes ago the GREY tank is EMPTY and the BLACK tank is 3/4 full. ????? I have checked that both dump valves are in the “IN” position and therefore closed so the fluids are not backing into each other’s tanks. If that were the case I would thing they would be equal to each other anyhow.

I would dump and see that both go to E but we are in this site for another 48. Anyone seen this before?

DTordoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:34 PM   #2
Just as confused as you

The tank sensors are very unreliable. Sometimes they will various amounts when empty.

If you have water backing up in your shower, your gray tank is full.
If you have gurgling or belching when you flush the toilet then your black tank is close to full, time to dump.

Camping since 1989, seasonal since 2000
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:54 PM   #3

Many of us will totally agree on the fact that the tank sensors with the little red check lights on the panel are unreliable no matter the price of your RV. Any piece of debris that gets splashed on a sensor and sticks will cause that sensor to light the corresponding light on your panel no matter how full or empty the tank actually is. As for the one reading empty ... you may have a wire(s) not connected or broken somewhere. If you want an accurate sensor system, try SeeLeveL tank sensors.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 03:22 PM   #4

Is this a new to you trailer?

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:14 AM   #5

Many thanks to all. I was suspicious about the reliability and subsequent to my posting the sensors seem to have decided to behave and the readings are now where I would have expected them to be. Great advice on how to tell with the shower and the noises and I am now better tooled to understand the systems.

Yes, this is a new coach to me and my first Class A. I searched for a relevant answer before I posted the question but just could not find a good answer. I like this community where help is always offered so quickly.

DT
DTordoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank