Old 04-10-2013, 12:04 PM   #1

The mysterious missing dump valve -- 346QBUD

Hi, everyone...

Took delivery of a 2014 Hemisphere 346QBUD Monday. It's in the driveway at home while we're familiarizing ourselves with the unit.

I believe I am missing a dump valve, but not 100% sure. My unit is a bath and a half. Front black and gray tanks for the front bathroom. Rear gray tank for the outdoor kitchen. Central black for the half bath. Central gray for the galley and half bath sinks that share a wall.

Aside from every valve pull being mislabelled at the factory, I can't stop the flow of water from the central gray tank. If I run the galley or half bath sink, water flows out of the front sewer connection. I can see the feed from the gray tank into that sewer connection, but there is no lever -- either one that goes up into the flloor or one directly on the sewer connection from that plumbing line. I've looked and looked and can't find one. Without another unit to compare it to, I can't help but think the factory just forgot to install this -- but was wondering if someone who has this unit can comment on what I'm supposed to have -- or maybe it's just it an obscure location that I haven't found yet. I've already contacted the dealer and they are researching what I am supposed to have. While I'm waiting to hear back, figured I would post to the forum.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #2

Call Customer Service at your unit's factory, they should be able to assist you.

Let us know what you find out.

RVing is a tough job,BUT someone has to do it!
Wildwood Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #3

This valve is actually barely poking out through a hole in the frame. If you find the mid-chassis grey tank sticker....reach under the trailer skirt and the valve will be right there. It only has about a 3" throw.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #4

I have the 2013 model and really like it, but dumps are not very convienent.

I have 3 valves in back behind tires (1 actually dumps though the front sewer connection as you have noticed) & 2 dump valves up front. Don't remember which are which & camper is at dealer fixing a couple of minor problems before camping season.

As said you have to look up under flooring-frame to find one of the rear dump valves.

Gary

2010 Dodge Ram QC 2500 HD w/Cummins Diesel
2013 Salem Hemisphere Lite 346 QBUD
papamcgown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by papamcgown View Post
I have the 2013 model and really like it, but dumps are not very convienent.

I have 3 valves in back behind tires (1 actually dumps though the front sewer connection as you have noticed) & 2 dump valves up front. Don't remember which are which & camper is at dealer fixing a couple of minor problems before camping season.

As said you have to look up under flooring-frame to find one of the rear dump valves.

Gary
I did eventually figure out where the last dump valve was -- which was right behind that skirt. I was sitting right in front of it...but it was blocked so I never found it. Plus, my labels and handle colors were all out or sorts...so that wasn't helping. But...for those that have this model, here is how the valves/outlets work on the 346QBUD:

From front to back:

- Forward most dump valve is the gray for the front bathroom
- Next valve, working your way backwards, is the black for the front bathroom
- Then the handle that goes through the frame under the side skirt -- which dumps the galley and the half bath sink -- which share a gray tank
- Then the half bath black tank
- Last and most rearword handle is the gray for the outside kitchen if so equipped

The front sewer connection has the front gray and black tanks running to it plus the galley/half bath gray tank coming into it from the side.

The rear sewer connection only has the half bath black and outside kitchen.

This took a lot of time to figure out which patience from my wife as she dumped water into each orifice and i pulled handles to map what went where. That some of the labels were swapped and handle colors out of whack really messed me up for a while. We did all this before we really used the camper -- so I only had plain water running through the system.

Ours is equipped with a washer/dryer hookup. Not sure where the W/D dumps into -- but i would guess the same as the front bathroom gray. No idea, though.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:08 AM   #6

I have a dump handle also in the back under the skirt hidden between 2 slides if it did not have a sticker I would of never known

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Had engraved plastic labels----------

My factory labels came off during transit from dealer to Florida. I had all new plastic (PVC) label's engraved at a trophy shop for all the stick on labels. Applied all the labels with 3M double back tape. Was expensive because so many labels involved, but was worth it.

Good luck
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAISY BOYKIN View Post
My factory labels came off during transit from dealer to Florida. I had all new plastic (PVC) label's engraved at a trophy shop for all the stick on labels. Applied all the labels with 3M double back tape. Was expensive because so many labels involved, but was worth it.

Good luck
My labels stuck...but they weren't correct...so it didn't matter. The fronts were reversed (black was gray, gray was black) and the ones in the rear weren't anywhere near the handles....so that combination made it very difficult to find the missing valve.

Asked dealer to send me a gray handle...so at least now the handle colors all correspond with their function. Like the PBC label idea, though. Maybe this could be a side business for someone -- generic "Black" and "Gray" with a few different background/text colors and then of course custom ones. I'd probably be willing to pay $20 for a set of 5. {shrug}