Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2018, 09:18 PM   #1

Toilet clogging

My friend has a 2018 Wildwood x-lite and the toilet is not a gravity drop straight into the black tank like most RVs. Is has an elbow and then drops into the tank. Toilet paper keeps getting stuck in the elbow and she has to use a stick or a coat hanger to unclog it. She has taken it back to the dealer a few times for leaks in the system but the dealer says the elbow is part of the manufacturer's design. Anybody else experiencing the same thing?
Old 08-30-2018, 09:24 PM   #2

It Happens . they either have the pipe running to level , not enough drop or maybe the abs ends were not cleaned when cut and have burrs catching the paper . seen it before poor quality install , how tight is the bend . maybe change it out for a sanitary sweep 45 or 90
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:44 PM   #3

I don't have an elbow and never have. However, if I did, I would seek a way to flush with more water to carry everything through. And take a close look at the quality of T.P. I was using.
Splitshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:57 AM   #4
Site Team

Might be worth flushing it out well and then turning off the water and opening the flush valve and seeing if you (her) can get a picture of the elbow. If there's a ragged edge on the pipe, or some glue built up, then that would be a warranty issue and not by 'design'.

If you can't get a pic, it might be worth buying one of those borescope cameras that connect to your phone and using it to get a look at it. They're really cheap.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:15 PM   #5

Is she filling the bowl with water? It won't be the first time we find out some people don't do that. Turn the water off. put on a long sleeve latex glove and feel for burs.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:10 PM   #6

It turns out that her toilet seal was not working at all. The bowl won't hold water so she was dry flushing. I told her to take it back to the dealer. I also mentioned the burrs in the pipes that might snag the paper on the way down. She said she was going to mention that to them as well. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:55 PM   #7

The dealer came through and fixed the toilet seal and removed the burrs and it works like a champ now.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:14 PM   #8
Site Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know the fix. It's always good to know the outcome so that we can use it to possibly help someone in the future.