Old 04-29-2016, 06:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Never measured ours and have no plans to but...... isn't your flap above floor level (ours is) and the floor thickness is ????? So my guess in the drop tube actually goes into the black tank 2-3" at most?????? The shallow end of the tank is not very deep.

The down tube is glued to the tank as is plumbing at home so you can remove the toilet for repair replacement. The only way you can get an accurate measurement is to pull the toilet out for the measurement that you are trying to get. They also use several makes and models of toilets in RVs

Never used RV toilet paper before never will.........

In the very last picture you can see the black tank top, then the yellow glue used for down tube, i can stick tape measure to bottom of tank and then bring up until tape measure end catches on end of down tube, that is how i am getting my measurement. also my tank is 7-8 inches thick at this end, i got under rig and very easy to measure. the 6 inches i speak about is only the black portion of the down tube not the white of toilet. I do appreciate your reply to my question the forum has been helpful

Old 04-29-2016, 11:30 AM   #12

You can add a back flush to your tank easily if you want one. I like the added ones better than the factory installed ones my self.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:35 AM   #13
Mod free 5er

I would ask a plumber if it is possible to cut 2" off the tube and also get the 2" cutoff pc out. Maybe even 3".
Old 04-29-2016, 12:15 PM   #14
Head Rambler

Cutting it off would be easy enough. Getting it out of the tank might be a challenge.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:18 AM   #15

Went to camper dealer with Flash Light and Tape measure in hand, was going to measure 10 and go with best out of 10 percentage. Well the toilets are sealed up so i could not measure them bummer, i got to talking with and employee and he said this is the 2-3 complaint he has heard himself with this issue, he will tell service manager and maybe he will open a call with forest river.

We plan on camping at all star race at Charlotte we will try more water & less paper if that does not work i will buy an inside PVC pipe cutter and use a bit extension, getting the cut off piece out should not be a problem just insert a bent close hanger with the hook portion first into the hole before cutting and piece should fall right on hook, pull it straight up, i am kind of concerned if there will be burrs left from cutter wheel, i will have to try it out on something else first. Here is a picture of inside cutter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pipe cutter.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	106577  
Old 05-01-2016, 08:39 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbandrb View Post
Went to camper dealer with Flash Light and Tape measure in hand, was going to measure 10 and go with best out of 10 percentage. Well the toilets are sealed up so i could not measure them bummer, i got to talking with and employee and he said this is the 2-3 complaint he has heard himself with this issue, he will tell service manager and maybe he will open a call with forest river.

We plan on camping at all star race at Charlotte we will try more water & less paper if that does not work i will buy an inside PVC pipe cutter and use a bit extension, getting the cut off piece out should not be a problem just insert a bent close hanger with the hook portion first into the hole before cutting and piece should fall right on hook, pull it straight up, i am kind of concerned if there will be burrs left from cutter wheel, i will have to try it out on something else first. Here is a picture of inside cutter
Try cutting it into 2 or 3 pieces instead of just one.. They might be easier to get out.. Especially if they just drop where cut.. To remove the burrs either a round file, which may need an extension to the handle (tape on a piece of tubing or pipe...
I'd try a mock up on the garage floor first to see how tricky it's going to be to cut it somewhat straight and burr free...

TT: 2013 26' Revere TBQB
TV: 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 4x4
glen1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:48 AM   #17

Thanks Glen for the tip, my rig is still under warranty might let them do it, but then again pull toilet and drop black tank sounds like opportunity for oppppsss - and they will just say they are all like that, i plan on measuring some of our friends while at the all star race. we shall see
Old 06-05-2016, 03:03 PM   #18

ok here is the outcome, bowl full of water, full bowl not 3/4 or 1/2 less TP equals perfect flush and no TP stacking in toilet drop tube
Old 06-05-2016, 09:05 PM   #19
Head Rambler

Thanks for coming back and posting this. we like to hear peoples findings.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:57 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Thanks for coming back and posting this. we like to hear peoples findings.
how about 2nd trip report back, same amount of water and little as possible TP equates a perfect flush with no TP stacking in down tube. Works perfect and no worries with water since full hook ups. Thanks again for all the tips and advice - case closed