Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2015, 09:14 PM   #1

Toilet slowly filling

Just did our first weekend in our new Rockwood 8327ss. Went into the bathroom and noticed the toilet half full of water. Yelled at the kids to stop playing with it and went about the day. Came back later and it was half full again but the kids have been gone the entire time....oops. There's a very small continuous trickle coming out. Not sure if this is a seal, an adjustment, or we are just a bit out of level. Dealer is closed today.
sharkbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:08 AM   #2

Do you have a water pressure regulator on your city water inlet? 40 to 60 psi is usually recommended....could be to high city water pressure or you have a leaky flush valve (could have sediments inside valve).
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:35 PM   #3

Have the regulator on. Guessing it's the valve.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:54 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Shut the water off and release pressure.
Remove toilet foot valve and clean.
There's likely debris in it not allowing it to fully seat.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "4 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:56 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

Had the same problem, it's the shut off valve in the pedal. You might be able to remove it and lube it generously with Danko silicone paste and replace it. IF you're not handy with this, get a tech to do it. It is ticklish to get the pedal off and disassemble the valve and re-assemble it. If all else fails, you will either have to replace the valve or the entire toilet. Been there, done that.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:09 AM   #6

I had the same issue. Woke up one night and stepped into water. Got it all cleaned up and blamed the wife for not shutting it good since she used it last. Then last fall we were camping on a relatives farm and we were in their house for hours and came out and I saw water dripping from my RV. It was bad. After that we did not use that toilet again the rest of the trip. Before the trip home I emptied it out as much as I could and by the time we got home the bowl was full again. Not sure how with no water pressure. I recently bought a new toiled and when I went out to storage to swap out toilets the old one it was almost full again. I did not even think there was enough water in the lines.
mike1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:05 AM   #7

I had the same problem. Discovered that the pedal was not seated properly into the side of the toilet. The little tabs weren't snapped into the grooves like they should have been. Eventually the friction stopped the pedal and valve from closing all the way.

Try seating the pedal into the toilet. Just smack good with the heel of your hand or a rubber mallet if you have room. Right about the center of the arm where the pivot point is.

If that fixes it you may have to replace the arm because it will work its way back out.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:33 PM   #8

Thanks for the info but we just dropped it off at the dealer for a bigger issue. We were out this weekend and I was trying lower water pressure to see if that fixed it so haven't messed with the the others yet because..,we ended up with a massive electrical issue. Kids came running out saying smoke was pouring out of the TVs. We ran in and sure enough. Something took out the one TV, DVD player, microwave, and a night light. First thought was a power surge but we still have all main power and not a single breaker tripped so it has to be on the inside of the panel right? As in covered by warranty hopefully? Everything else worked fine the rest of the weekend but the kids were truly roughing it with only one TV. Irony is that we were counting ourselves so lucky after we pulled into our campground for the weekend an hour after a freak storm blew through and flipped a bunch of campers over. We got there at 4 and couldn't get parked until 9. Had to trade our pull through for a back in but finally got it after 5 try's. Ended up still being a pretty nice weekend.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1431891156.036757.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	77225.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:16 PM   #9

Good missing the storm, but bad luck on the electrical.
I see 2 AC units on the roof so I'm assuming you have 50 amp service. If that's true you might have had and over-voltage condition on one leg which would not necessarily trip the breaker. Just saying...
Hope it all works out at the shop
Old 05-25-2015, 06:44 PM   #10

Hmmm. Well they couldn't find any evidence of a surge and are baffled but they are replacing everything. Waiting on microwave to come in. They found the fridge fuse had blown also. Still had a great weekend and just put her away for the week. We did find the fridge isn't getting down to temp on electric now, switched over to propane and it worked fine.