Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #1

tornado tank rinser instructions

i didnt get any instructions with the tornado tank rinsers and my dual flushpro. i know they are very simple devices but i have a question on how best to use them

tornado: what is the procedure of use. do you dump the black, back rinse by dumpling grey tanks, think use the tornado, or do you use the tornado as you dump the black tank. i guess you keep the drain valve open or, let the tank fill some, then drain.

dual flush pro, this gives you viewing capability to confirm the tanks are thoroughly rinsed out, correct. i guess you close the outlet valve and let it fill up the line to the tank and then you can close the inlet valve and rinse out the drain line, correct. do you keep the dual flush pro inline all the time or add just before draining the tanks and cleanup when leaving campground.

if anyone has info for these devices please post

thanks
Old 04-10-2008, 12:33 AM   #2

I am waiting to install my Tornado. I would dump the black. Than with leaving the black valve open use the Tornado for approx 2 minutes (as per instructions that came with it). Once the black is clean I would keep the black valve closed and empty the gray.

I have a 45 degree clear piece added between my sewer hose and the trailer connection. With this you can see if you are running clean or if another blast with the Tornado is necessary.

I think that I will be only attaching the dedicated tornado hose when dumping. When not attached I will connect it to my spray nozzle. I am paranoid with the fact that if someone was to turn it on while I was away an awful surprise would be in store upon my return.

I have witnessed the result of a friends black tank filling up from a faulty toilet flush valve. Stinky water was coming out of everywhere. That just scares me.

2013 Camping Days: 22
2012 89 2011 50 2010 61
OregonCamper's Pics click here
OregonCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #3

thanks