Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2015, 09:38 AM   #1
rd3

trying to fill fresh water tank problem

Hey ya'll,
I have a Forest River 3011DS that we bough new this year. First time trying to put water in the fresh water tank I'm having trouble. The water wants to overflow back out, even when I turn the pressure down very low. As a result water is running down the inside of the wall behind the water fill inlet and down into the storage compartment below. Is this normal and you have to just be very careful or do I have a fitting or something lose behind the inlet?
Thanks
Roy
rd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:09 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Normally I would say turn water WAY down but it seems you have.
You CAN put more water in then air can escape.
Back to the dealer, sounds like a kinked hose?

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:52 PM   #3

I'm having same problem with my 2401ts and I'm traveling in Maine and supposed to camp at Acadia tomorrow! It appears the Ayer tank hose is not connected to the water entry!! What to do - tonight?!!!
TiGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:25 AM   #4
rd3

Thanks for the input TURBS

TiGi what did you work out?
Old 07-09-2015, 11:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd3 View Post
Hey ya'll,
I have a Forest River 3011DS that we bough new this year. First time trying to put water in the fresh water tank I'm having trouble. The water wants to overflow back out, even when I turn the pressure down very low. As a result water is running down the inside of the wall behind the water fill inlet and down into the storage compartment below. Is this normal and you have to just be very careful or do I have a fitting or something lose behind the inlet?
Thanks
Roy
I had the same problem but fixed it myself. It's mainly the routing of the fill tubing. Move you mattress on the 3011 lift the wood panel covering the water tank, the remove the plywood cover that is in front of the water tank. Now check the white tube and make sure that it does not have a sag in it. I lifted mine and re attached it so thar the water now runs "down hill" from the fill tube inlet to the water tank. Problem solved
It's a common problem.
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:47 AM   #6
rd3

Thanks rekwiat, that makes a lot of sense. I'll check and hopefully correct mine this weekend
Old 07-09-2015, 11:51 AM   #7

I agree, take the sag out of the fill and vent hoses. I had the same problem with our Windjammer.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:03 PM   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to Boots49
My 2010 Wildcat has the same problem. I bought a 10 foot white hose & cut 6 feet off the end, now there is no male thread on the end. I connect this to my filter, since I have an outside filter on the hose & push the end down the water pipe, about a foot or until I feel resistance. Turn the water on & good to go.

Al & Susanne
Aka: Puss 'n Boots
Wildcat 31 TS - Silverado 2500 DuraMax Diesel
Tip of the Day: Stay safe, have fun and never leave the cat out in the rain!
Boots49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:10 PM   #9

We had similar problem

We had a very similar issue filling ours. I fixed them both myself.
One issue was the fill hose was run up and over and then under things creating a roller coaster ride effect. It had dips in it that created trap like spots in the hose. I took it loose and straightened it out as much as I could.
The biggest issue was our vent hose was severly kinked and also twisted like a screw. Once I fixed that too we can now fill our tank with the hose wide open.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ResizedImage_1433463942637.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	329.7 KB
ID:	82474  
JoeNanMinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:11 AM   #10

I had taken out 05 Flagstaff back to the dealer because water was leaking out on the floor under the fridge the first time I tried to fill it,,, they found that the hose was not properly connected !!! Always had a real fight every time I tried to fill,,, only way to get it full was to let the water trickle in,,, and with a short hose blow the water out of the air gap,,, once the breather line fills with water,,, it would spit back,,, even if it was only 1/3 full,,, it was a pain in my @** !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 01:02 PM   #11

Fresh water fill

I fixed mine , the fill hose from outside down to the tank had a loop that went above fill outlet. I had to lower the loop so that all the fill hose was below the fill inlet.
River123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank