Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #1

Tub drain release plug

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and new to 5th wheels. We've alway had a camper but decided we required more room on these longer trips. We purchased a used 2008 Cardinal 30LE in March (like new) but have not used to date. Want to use next week before venturing on long trip. We just de-winterized rig but cannot open plug in tub to drain water. We can turn plug either way and pull up but nothing happens. We feel pretty stupid but 4 people have tried but no success. Feel pretty stupid at this point. Has anyone had this problem and a solution?

Thanks, Pam
mad-max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #2

How about a picture or two to help.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
Haulin' Camp

Maybe it is the kind that pops open when you push on it? I have pop up drain plugs on my bathroom sinks at home.
2 Dogs

KewlKamperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #4

bathroom drain plug

About that bathroom drain plug. We phoned the manufacturer who thought it was the type that you pushed the top down to close and push it again to open. He advised if that didn't work we should unscrew the small carpeted wall where you can get to the plumbing as maybe something came apart below and required repair. Well we thought about it but came to the conclusion that the button on top was solid and since we could turn the plug in any direction that it had to be one that you just pulled or pushed. After several hours of water sitting in the tub, the water slowly drained and we took two flat screw drivers and gently pried the plug until it popped out. What happened was the two inch plastic shaft was coated with calcium and I suppose when left sitting it dried like concrete. We used fine sandpaper to remove the substance and everything works great! We took the bird to the lake for the last four days and everything seems to work fine except I do have a question regarding the sound system. The speakers in the bedroom, outside and the 5 in the main room work great but the subwoofer has a constant hiss. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #5

Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
How about a picture or two to help.
Hi, I'm not that organized yet but will post one asap. My husband and I are retired. We've always been avid outdoors people. There isn't much we don't do. We hike, snowmobile, quad, fish, ski, bike, hunt and travel. We have horses and spend lots of time riding in the back country. We took a trip thru the U.S. last year and drove through 14 States in six weeks in our camper. It was a great trip but thought it would be nice to have something larger and now travel to some of our favourite places and stay a little longer. After viewing several 5th wheels, all makes and sizes we decided on a used 2008 cardinal 30LE which we tow with our 98 Dodge Dualie 1 ton with an after market power pack.