Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Update to a early thread--------

Short time ago I posted about "ANGLE SOFT" toilet paper being a excellent paper to use because it would break down (dissolve) in 6-8 hours once it came in contact with water. This toilet paper can be purchased at various stores. Walmart carries it at $16.97 for thirty two rolls. On the package it states it (paper) is "SEPTIC SAFE". Walmart also carries it in smaller bundles also.

Since the last post, I have tested another toilet paper by the name of
"MEMBERS MARK" from Sam's Club. It is also two ply, ultra soft and about the same price as "ANGLE SOFT" toilet paper.

I placed two sheets each of the two mentioned toilet paper into a glass of water. After 20 minutes the "MEMBERS MARK" from Sam's Club had almost completely dissolved. It was impossible to pick the paper up out the water with out it coming apart. The "ANGLE SOFT" toilet took again 6-8 hours to break down, making it impossible to pick it up out the water until about 6-8 hrs.

So the end results appears to be the "MEMBERS MARK" is the faster to dissolve and better for your black holding tank.

As I stated before, both cost almost the same for the same amount of rolls of paper. The "MEMBERS MARK" has to be purchased in the 32 roll bulk at Sam's Club. Angle Soft T/P is available just about any food store.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
Campfire Master

We've been using Members Mark for several years now and I am still amazed how fast it breaks down. We use it at home also.

John
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote