Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2014, 09:17 AM   #21

I am sorry for your loss. Had no idea you're in a destination trailer, ice will not work then.
You said this happened in only a few days and you are living in it by yourself. I'm getting suspicious that there is more behind the story, if the trailer was new when you moved in there could be something between the toilet and the tank causing a blockage and if it wasn't new than the issue was already there. Water should clear any blockage, if not and the trailer is new then contact the dealership and let them take care of it, but don't mention the toilet paper and I don't believe that is the main cause of it. Even a small porta potty lets you go for several days and the holding tank under your trailer has got to be larger.
Or, if the trailer is brand new and since it is a destination trailer, it might not even have a holding tank.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:21 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I think you should probably invest in a "blue tote" for future dumping when the turd Hurst isn't available.

TURBS Its hard to (Guess) on this situation but a (Blue Tote) without a (Dump Station) is not a very Viable solution,she has already stated they have (Port A Johns) these are (Above ground)! The Dealer,the property owner,and Zoennes were (NOT) on the same page putting this package together for (Full Time Use)! Youroo!!
"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
dfg
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:29 AM   #23

Of course this has to be right before the holiday weekend! I haven't been using enough water when flushing. It has a 40 gallon black tank so shouldn't be full as I started living here a week ago? What s this blue caddy?
Zoeneens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:30 AM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
dfg
Oooooh I thought there was.
Lol this just gets worse.
Quote:
dfg

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:33 AM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeneens View Post
Of course this has to be right before the holiday weekend! I haven't been using enough water when flushing. It has a 40 gallon black tank so shouldn't be full as I started living here a week ago? What s this blue caddy?
My family and I can go 5 days with 35 gallon black tank.

the blue tank is a means of dumping off some of your waste in said tank that is portable "with wheels" to be able to dump into a sanitation port.
But it seems you have no such thing available. Only "a Porta potty " truck.

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
Old 08-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #26

Glad you are getting a good laugh. What dies DFG mean?
Old 08-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #27

I have been investigating this option for 6 months and THOUGHT I had it all worked out. Had the required electric service installed, hose to a hydrant for fresh water. On the bright side there is a portable toilet no too far away.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #28

Quote:
Zoeneens,Forget about the (Ice,Blue Caddy,W/Dryer,and anything else! You need to Worry about (COLD Winter) coming up! You will NOT be able to (Stay/ Live) in this unit without (LOTS of Major Issues) to prepare for WINTER!! I will NOT even try to list all of these issues! Just being Honest! Youroo!!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:47 AM   #29

I hate this long distance conversation, wish I could just walk over and see what can be done .
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:48 AM   #30

Quote:
DFG means (Nothing). I got the message my report was to short,so I just hit (3) random letters,so I didn't have to type all this (Stuff)! Youroo!!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:49 AM   #31

Thanks Cypress, I wish you could too!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:50 AM   #32

Quote:
DFG means (Nothing). I got the message my report was to short,so I just hit (3) random letters,so I didn't have to type all this (Stuff)! Youroo!!

Could have meant something derrogatory, or not.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:57 AM   #33

Good luck with Your Issues! Youroo!! And thanks for letting us try and Help You!
Old 08-28-2014, 10:23 AM   #34
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Keep this in mind.
A full bowl of water is about a gallon.
since its just you I would fill it quite half or more.
So now you know you have about 50 plus flushes before full.

Now since you shower on site I'm assuming that tank will probably fill up way faster.

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
Old 08-28-2014, 10:27 AM   #35
NELA

Quote:
Zoe, I don't think anyone is laughing at you. I think all the females here (including me) can imagine ourselves in your situation if we suddenly lost our spouse. I too am sorry for your loss.

Are there any other "destination trailer" owners in your location? Any other RVs near you? If so maybe someone there can do what someone else wished they could do: walk over and check it out.

As others said, it could be that your panel read-out is incorrect and your tank really IS full.

You say you used the "wrong TP", what type/brand did you use? We use the same TP here at home that we use in our RV and have no issues, as long as we use the correct amount of water when flushing and are religious about our tank chemicals, AND make sure we never leave the black tank totally dry after emptying and flushing it. Always add back 3-5 gallons of fresh water, plus chemicals after emptying the black/sewer tank. Who told you that you "used the wrong TP"?

I know you're in a difficult situation, but folks here really are trying to help, and questions/answers/feedback are necessary.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:37 AM   #36

Thanks Weezer. That helps! The bath sink and shower have a separate gray water tank. There is a tank for the kitchen sink, and one fir the washer/dryer. Port o pottie coming out on Wednesday to empty tank. I am a horse trainer living on the farm, so will make an extra effort to use the portable toilets.
I'm wondering if the tank is full. The interior panel indicator says black tank is 1/4 full.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:40 AM   #37

I used Quilted Northern paper that I brought from the house when moving here. Just bought some single ply store brand TP.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:41 AM   #38

Thanks Turbo. That makes sense to me.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:01 AM   #39
NELA

Don't count on the sink and shower being plumbed to the grey tank. We had a TT with double sinks in the bathroom. Camping in COLD weather I left the water running (trickle) in the left sink, since we left the grey tank valve open (full service site) over night.

ACK! Woke up in the middle of the night to go....water was JUST at the rim of the sink. *That* sink was plumbed to the black tank, which had the gate valve closed....trickle had totally filled the black tank.

Don't know that I'd use "quilted" TP, since the quilting process bonds the layers together. I'd heard others say "Angel Soft" from WalMart is absolutely OK.

Someone here had their daughter do a TP Test for their science fair project. Do a search for "toilet paper test". Lots of information on that thread.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:27 AM   #40
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

We started using Angel Soft this season and have not had any issues. This is in a unit with 2 baths, used by a multitude of kids! Good luck to you!
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote