Old 07-29-2016, 04:21 PM   #21
Replace it

I used to have these problems until I replaced the plastic two handle valve with a European style constant temp one like those found on cruise ships. Cost me $49.00 on E-Bay and an hour or two labor. The right side controls the flow and the left the temp. No more wasted water fiddling with the knobs.

Strigflag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 04:26 PM   #22
Originally Posted by dmchapman View Post
I have found that even with the trickle valve the water temperature does not stay constant. I suspect whether you get hot or cold when turning the shower head back on would depend on how far the hot and cold faucets are opened. The one open more might allow more flow, thus feeding back into the opposite supply line. Just guessing.

That make perfect sense. The hot is full open when this happens to us.

TT- 2016 Grey Wolf 21RB
TV- 2004 GMC3500 4x

Nights camped 2016- 14
Days at dealer 2016- 34
firsthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:25 PM   #23
Agree with most comments. In more than 40 years of RV Camping, including dry sites, we have always taken "Navy" showers. Adjust the water temp, wet your body, turn off water at shower head, soap up in all the right places, turn the shower head toward the wall, turn it on, rinse, repeat as needed. All of our rigs the shower water came back on cold for a second or two, then OK.

Best shower I ever had was at Red's Meadow behind Mammoth Mountain, CA. Geothermal water heated to perfection!! However, "Goldie" the campground host bear was always waiting outside the shower door when I finished. I learned to bring along a large dog bone everytime I showered there.
Jakie-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 01:22 AM   #24
Avoiding the hot blast

I found that turning on the hot full blast until you feel the hot water then backing down the hot valve a bit before turning on the cold to get the temperature right eliminates the hot blast I used to get when turning the water back on using the shutoff valve on the shower head. I turn the hot down just enough to notice a slight change in the flow. Turning the head toward the back wall is still a good idea just in case you did not get it right. That European shower head idea sounded the best but the two handle system is not that much trouble that I would expend any energy changing it out.

TARVIDSON is offline   Reply With Quote

show, shower