Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #41

[QUOTE="Oakman"]Do you have an outside shower? I seem to remember that years ago this problem was attributed to having the outside shower cold faucet open but the water flow was cut off at the shower head. The fix was to make sure the shower faucets were in the off position.

This is a good thing to check! I manage a school district and recently changed out a very expensive check valve only to find out the cooks had a y hose on a mop sink, and they left the hot/cold on all the time, and just used the shutoff on the end of the hose. hot water flowed into the cold lines, causing only hot available at faucets.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #42

I dont have an outside shower.I started working on the valve and...man...is it tough trying to get those plastic lines out of the connections.
willyg113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #43
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyg113 View Post
I dont have an outside shower.I started working on the valve and...man...is it tough trying to get those plastic lines out of the connections.
Willy, Did you try removing the body of the valve first? It may have just spun on the handle.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #44

ok..the outside shower got me thinking....man,Im glad you let dummies like me on this forum....right before I took the camper out for the last time i replaced the hose to the shower..and i took the plate off...which meant i had to take the handles off..like a dummy,while under pressure i loosened the stem..that shot out like a rocket...for whatever reason,when i put it back in..the handle wouldnt work right...i didnt bother with it because i could turn it off and on with the button on the shower head..where we camped there was no need to use our hot water or shower...forgot all about...I think there lies the problem....Forrest Gump said it best...stupid is as stupid does...
Old 04-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #45
Site Team - Lou

Is this the handle to the hot water heater bypass valve?
Old 04-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #46

No...to the shower....i got the bypass valve apart..its fine...just a simple open and close valve...Im going to address the problem in the shower...fix it there..see what happens.Thanks again to all for the help.Ill let you know how it ends up.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #47
Site Team - Lou

If it turns out having the hot and cold valves open on the outside shower (with the button pressed) is the problem; I will be flabbergasted!
And another lesson learned!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #48

Its the inside shower...only one i have...but with never having the problem before...and the only thing thats changed is the problem with the shower handle...just maybe thats it
Old 04-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #49

if i read right, u found it.

i was going to post to keep everything full and the hw hot then turn on a hot water faucet. with ur hand, check the temp of the water coming out of the water heater then put ur hand abt a foot downstream of the by pass. if the temp is the same, the bypass is not open. if it is a cooler, the bypass is open or leaking.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote