Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2018, 02:42 PM   #1

Waste Master sewer system problem

Hi gang!

Our 2017 Sunseeker 2430S came with the Waste master system, and I have to say I really like it! It is a solid, no-leak hookup, and flows really well, plus, it has a clear section so you can monitor what is travelling down the hose. Sounds a bit weird, I know, but if you're flushing the tanks, you'll know when it is clean.

The problem I've run into is with the Camlock fitting where the hose attaches to the dump valve. The storage cap has a tendency to stick in the fitting between dumps, leading to some awkward moments beating on the fitting with a rock while pulling on the ring to get it loose. I tried rubbing margarine on the contact points, which helped some, but I'd sure like to have a fool-proof solution.

All of the contact points are plastic, so it's not like aluminum parts fusing together. I've taken to wiping the fittings clean after dumping, but still have to struggle with it.

Has anybody else run to this problem and devised a solution? Thanks!

Jeff
RDJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 03:34 PM   #2

PAM nonstick cooking spray works pretty good.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:57 PM   #3

Thanks, Emm, I'll have to give that a shot!
RDJeff is offline   Reply With Quote