Old 04-27-2014, 03:43 PM   #1

Waste tanks

I have a 2010 Lacrosse 272 RBS. The waste tank level indicator lights on the panel in the rear bathroom shows three tanks (black, grey, and galley) but I can only find 2 drain valve handles ( at the left rear). Where is the third valve handle?

Old 04-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #2

My rockwood ultra lite has the same indicator. Your kitchen (galley) and grey (shower) dump into the same tank. So you probably have 1 grey tank and 1 black tank. I had the same question and traced out the plumbing to confirm.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #3

New Owner confused about five tank lights

We bought the 2014 Columbus RS from an out of state dealer. Got a great deal but no briefing. Have a question for you I could not answer from manuals or research.

We are out on our first trip and I see on the monitor panel that there are two black tank indicator lights and three grey water indicator lights, but only one grey and one black line draining out the side of the trailer. I have the grey line open and see no build up in any of the grey tanks so I am assuming they are linked, but not sure of the black tanks. One is showing volume, but the other is not. Any insight would be appreciated.
Anderson 5th Wheel Hitch
Grateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #4
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

My Flagstaff 8528BHSS has three dump valves. 1st is a combo forward sink/shower and forward black drain. This combo has separate pull handles. 2nd is the galley drain and 3rd is the bunkhouse drain. I carry a manifold system when extended stays.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:12 PM   #5

Thanks. I have been looking for additional dump valves, but only have the main line and two above it marked grey and black.

Without getting a briefing I am soooo grateful for this forum and its members.
Anderson 5th Wheel Hitch
Old 05-13-2014, 12:20 PM   #6
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

When using the combo drain system like yours. The night before leaving close the shower/sink grey water drain. This next morning while breaking camp, drain the black tank. After completed and or after the flushing, close the black valve and allow the grey tank to flush the combo drain clean and your hose system, or at least a little cleaner, with that soapy shower water.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #7

Do you know by chance why the trailer has two black tanks/indicator lights? I can see that grey perhaps uses three with kitchen, bathroom and washer hook-up (guessing).
Anderson 5th Wheel Hitch
Old 05-13-2014, 01:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
I have a 2010 Lacrosse 272 RBS. The waste tank level indicator lights on the panel in the rear bathroom shows three tanks (black, grey, and galley) but I can only find 2 drain valve handles ( at the left rear). Where is the third valve handle?
Galley wouldn't be your fresh water would it ? If so you would only have 2 valves.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:39 PM   #9
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

How many valves do you have? Take a picture of your control Panel. It could help.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #10

Thanks for your help. I reached out to the mfg and received no assistance. Either they are slammed or not interested. I did reach out to a dealership who answered my question. Apparently the five indicator lights monitor panel is a universal fit for Columbus and the 320 RS only uses one grey and one black despite the illuminated lights for additional tanks. Lesson learned, do not think the mfg has the buyer's best interest in mind.

I would say that is the case in regards to the trailer handbook. It is nothing more than a generic reading applicable to all or few of the selling trailer line. I find the efforts of the mfg to provide helpful information to the buyer to be minimal and equivalent to lazy.

They seem to rely on the Forest River Forum (for which I am grateful for help) to bail out the mfg from providing additional assistance. I found my previous mfg (Lance) to be much more helpful with manuals to owners. Oh well, as I found in Iraq, it is what it is. Live with it, adapt with it or perish.

Anderson 5th Wheel Hitch

Tags
tank