Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2019, 02:34 PM   #1

Water Connection Panel for 34’ Flagstaff V-Lite

Hello all. We just got the above trailer a week or so ago and I am have a hard time understanding the two switches on the panel and what they do. One is labeled “pump” and lights up red when powered on but I cannot hear a pun running or see any pressure difference in the line. Is this a pump for the internal black water sprayers? If so, is there one? Three? How does the blackwater flush work best on this unit? I could find nothing specific in any of the paperwork. And what does the “light” switch do? It does not turn on the working light overhead. That is done at the inside panel. It lights up white when in the on position but I can not see what function it serves and would like to know. Thanks in advance for any insight you can give!
Work in the Yachting Industry
Wilderness Expedition Leader
Pilot - Commercial and Seaplane
ClarkT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:35 PM   #2

I’m new to this and attempted to post two photos of the panel. Did they come through?
Old 03-25-2019, 03:00 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkT View Post
I’m new to this and attempted to post two photos of the panel. Did they come through?
Nope
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:09 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkT View Post
Follow the instructions in post #7 of this thread ==> http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...sics-6778.html.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 05:03 PM   #5

I followed those upload instructions the first time. I just tried to resize them again. Thanks for your patience and your help. Attempt number 2:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BBC67345-EA85-4EBE-A327-DE9745B60926.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	199793   Click image for larger version

Name:	AE51BE3E-0373-4392-9635-FFCA4D5686A4.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	342.7 KB
ID:	199794  
Old 03-26-2019, 02:03 PM   #6
CGK
Camping with Labs

Pictures came in fine this time. I believe my Rockwood Signature TT has the same set-up. The blue switch/valve lets you choose between a city water connection and a winterization mode. The hose connection is the same for both functions (the one under the blue switch), but you would probably be using a different hose for each. If you can see the connections from the other side (i.e. inside the TT), this becomes more clear. If you are choosing the winterization mode, check to be sure you have prepared the pipes (I blow them out first with a compressor set to 45 PSI), your hot water heater is bypassed, your residential refrigerator ice maker (if you have one in that coach) is prepped, the water filter media is removed, and that the valve for the pump is in the proper position. The winterization process probably requires a separate post, with a more detailed response; and we all may do that task a little differently. Anyway, the red switch is the pump switch which will allow the pump to circulate the RV anti-freeze. If you don't hear the pump running when you turn on that switch, you may have used the 12 volt disconnect, blown a fuse (not likely), etc. Again, probably another post. The other hose connection is for the black water clean-out hose, and on the other side (again from inside the TT) you'll see it goes up to an anti-siphon valve and then back through the floor of the TT on its way to the black water tank. Remember that anti-siphon valve, as it is likely to give you problems and need replacement at some point (and that was in a recent post). That lighted switch is just there to give you a small amount of light in the compartment to make night-time hook-ups easier. My TT also has a light outside the compartment and a bit above it, but it doesn't shine a lot of light into the compartment itself. Hope that covers everything - happy camping!
CGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGK View Post
Pictures came in fine this time. I believe my Rockwood Signature TT has the same set-up. The blue switch/valve lets you choose between a city water connection and a winterization mode. The hose connection is the same for both functions (the one under the blue switch), but you would probably be using a different hose for each. If you can see the connections from the other side (i.e. inside the TT), this becomes more clear. If you are choosing the winterization mode, check to be sure you have prepared the pipes (I blow them out first with a compressor set to 45 PSI), your hot water heater is bypassed, your residential refrigerator ice maker (if you have one in that coach) is prepped, the water filter media is removed, and that the valve for the pump is in the proper position. The winterization process probably requires a separate post, with a more detailed response; and we all may do that task a little differently. Anyway, the red switch is the pump switch which will allow the pump to circulate the RV anti-freeze. If you don't hear the pump running when you turn on that switch, you may have used the 12 volt disconnect, blown a fuse (not likely), etc. Again, probably another post. The other hose connection is for the black water clean-out hose, and on the other side (again from inside the TT) you'll see it goes up to an anti-siphon valve and then back through the floor of the TT on its way to the black water tank. Remember that anti-siphon valve, as it is likely to give you problems and need replacement at some point (and that was in a recent post). That lighted switch is just there to give you a small amount of light in the compartment to make night-time hook-ups easier. My TT also has a light outside the compartment and a bit above it, but it doesn't shine a lot of light into the compartment itself. Hope that covers everything - happy camping!
Thanks so much for this. It is very helpful. I do have some follow up questions if you (or anyone else) can help:

1) Do you have or is there a link that you know of for the instructions for this panel or the winterization procedures? As I mentioned, I looked through all my paperwork and could find nothing specific.
2) If not, would you mind laying it out in detail in another post. You mentioned a number of points but do you open the low point on the lines and flush through system until it comes out there? How do you know it is done and done correctly before it is stored?
3) My shower surround prevents me from seeing the internal piping easily. I hope that anti-siphon valve holds. 🤞
4) I’ll check again with the pump switch but I think something (fuse, broken pump, wiring) is keeping it from working. This would be a separate pump from the main pump, correct?
5) What is the process you use to flush the black tank? Fill to 2/3 and then dump? Do you know if the “flush” inside the tank is an overhead sprayer? High pressure jet/s mounted on the side? Maybe just an input for normal pressure water to simply fill the tank? Is anyone familiar with the workings? This is just a curiosity of mine.

Thanks!
Old 03-26-2019, 07:50 PM   #8
CGK
Camping with Labs

Hi, ClarkT. I just attempted a detailed response to each of your follow-up questions. Sadly, it was quite long and I must have timed-out, because I lost the entire response and had to sign-in again. I couldn't begin to recreate that lengthy response, so I'll apologize and go to a couple of suggestions: (1) There is a wealth of information on the forum and an "okay" search engine to find it. Try searching for the information you need and you may find it already out there. (2) If the information you seek isn't there, create a new post with a single subject, or several posts, each with a single subject. (3) Some owner's information is available online, and there are You Tube videos for almost anything these days. Sorry I lost that response.....guess it will teach me to keep it short in the future.
CGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:24 PM   #9

Oh no!! Sorry to hear that happened to you and thank you so much for taking the time to try to respond. Seriously, I really appreciate it. I hate it when that happens to me! I have gotten in the habit of copying my response before I hit the submit button just.. in.. case. I still sometimes forget though.

I was eagerly awaiting your input but no worries, I’ll try to find the answers. Thanks again.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:12 PM   #10

Blue switch in the position it is in pointing down allows city watt water to connection it is pointing too. Turn blue switch 90 degrees and turn on red switch, allows fresh water pump to draw antifreeze for winter prep. Other water connection on left is black tank flush. Be sure to open black tank drain when using it. White switch give a small bit of light for night hook ups, do not use this but flashlight instead.
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, lite, v-lite, water, water connection