Old 09-07-2015, 01:13 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
When I do mine, I drain tanks, blow lines clean, including holding toilet valve open to clear that valve, same with outside shower, and pour anti-freeze into sinks to keep traps from break'n....also, I leave low point drain caps off.
I used to do exactly that until my toilet valve cracked last winter - not a fun find when your first trip is the next day and nobody local has stock. So now, I'll do the same and since I've deleted the inside filter it should take only a couple litres/quarts.

Self restraint is for the young. I'm old and want it NOW!
DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 01:20 PM   #22
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Some things are really easy to overlook...almost missed outside shower 1st time. My son did, and he got to fix it on his....

Old 09-07-2015, 02:17 PM   #23

I'm gonna take another look. I did hook up water to the location with the snap cap. I also turned on the water pump. So ur saying the water pump is not needed when using pressurized city water.
By the way this is a aframe t19qbhw.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:26 PM   #24
Left Coast

Yep......every rv I've had or seen has a separate fill for the fresh water...pose your question in the a-frame forum and see what they say
Old 09-07-2015, 04:07 PM   #25

Ok, so we checked for a kinked hose - none. Then we took the Shurflo apart (it does not have a filter, is an old one) and took the diaphragm out and cleaned it. No visible dirt, but rinsed it very well and put it back together.
Still no water. The pump runs for sure, but the noise is much less than it used to. We let it run for at least 5 minutes to prime it. We were very careful to make sure that no air can mess up the pump.
Anyone any ideas??

Thanks,
Kailani
Old 09-07-2015, 04:19 PM   #26
Left Coast

Ok....no outside hose hooked up, pump motor runs....can you tell with your finger covering inlet side if there's suction? With hose off inlet,hose from white tank, blow into hose and listen for bubbles....no bubbles, hose kinked or no water in tank. Air won't mess up pump....when you winterize, water is drained out..pump dry, when using next time, fill tank, turn pump on and it will pull water from tank as you bleed out by opening faucet
Old 09-07-2015, 04:47 PM   #27

Thanks, Bob. When we put a finger on the inlet, there is no suction. We cannot reach the hose to blow bubbles. Is it possible that the diaphragm, that has the 3 round things (valves?), was put back with the 3 in a different position? I wouldn't think so, but we can take it apart again ...
Old 09-07-2015, 04:58 PM   #28
Left Coast

these pumps are like whats used in a car windsheld washer pump....don't think you can mess it up.....can you some how add another piece of something to the inlet hose.....would really like to verify water in tank.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:05 PM   #29

I fill the watertank until it overflows, and there is no water under the trailer, or anywhere I can see, I can only imagine it is really in the tank ...
What do you mean with adding something to the inlet hose? Can you give an example?

Thank you so much for helping us!
Old 09-07-2015, 05:15 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailani View Post
Thanks, Bob. When we put a finger on the inlet, there is no suction. We cannot reach the hose to blow bubbles. Is it possible that the diaphragm, that has the 3 round things (valves?), was put back with the 3 in a different position? I wouldn't think so, but we can take it apart again ...
Does your rig have a suction hose for antifreeze in the water compartment where the pump is housed? If it does follow the hose to the pump and you'll find a valve to select water tank or antifreeze, must be on tank to pump from it. Many newer RV use the hose connection to fill the tank while serving the plumbing sysem. A handle is provided near the hose and will labeled "tank fill." You must get some water in the tank to fill and flush and use the pump. Meanwhile go on line to Shurflo to see the internals, pretty simple vibrating diaphram.

Tags
water