Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #1

Water Everywhere

Finally got out for our first real trip this weekend.It rained all the time we were out but never the less things were going great and we were having a good time,then we heard a slight pop and a spraying sound.I though it sounded like water so I ran outside and shut the supply off.It sounded to be in the area of the outdoor kitchen,so I opened the compartment and saw nothing.I then opened the drawer and saw a bit of spray on the side of it.I then took the drawer out and saw about 1 inch of water in the bottom of the compartment.I then proceeded to remove the panels on the front of the cabinet under the sink,then I saw it.There was a T fitting that had come apart.When I examined it I noticed it wasn't broken,it had just pulled apart.I also noticed that the end of the line that was shoved over the T was only flared on the very tip,indicating it was never pushed on the T far enough for a proper connection.I then tugged at all the connections visible under there and one other one fell apart. I warmed the 2 lines with warm water and pushed them back on and turned on the nut,tubes repaired.
My next job was to clean up the mess,so I got a towel and sopped up the water.Everything seemed great untill we got home and had the trailer parked in the driveway which is on a hill.Water started running out from the edge of the material covering the bottom.The water had obviously gotten down under the floor and into the insulation.I left it parked on the hill all afternoon and it eventually stopped dripping.Hopefully it will dry completely.It couldn't have run for more than 45 seconds to 1 minute before I shut the supply off and I must have baled out at least 2 gallons with the towel.I guess time will tell,but I really don't want to tear the insulation out if I don't have to,but I am going to check as many of the plumbing unions as I possibly can get access to.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Not much (none) insulation under the trailers. Most just have the "corrugated plastic" (Corplast) sheet.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #3

Thanks Herk.Guess I'll be alright.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #4

iF YOU HAVE A WAY TO OPEN THE MEMBRANE AND CHECK FOR WET INSULATION. WATER CAN DO A LOT OF DAMAGES IN A MINUTE. IF NOT CHECKED YOU WILL HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH MILDEWS AND MOLDS BECAUSE IT CANNOT DRY AND STAY TRAPPED INSIDE.IT ALL DEPEND WHAT TYPE OF FLOOR YOU HAVE. SOFT INSULATION OR A SANDWICH FLOOR.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad