Old 03-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #11
Denver, CO
Remember that chlorine is a GOOD thing, as it kills bad bugs that can make you sick AND if you remove it all before the water goes into your tank and the tank sits for awhile, you can create your own bad water. I think it is best for the tanks water to be filtered for sediment but not chlorine, and then filtered at. The spigot.

3ppm residual chlorine is a good point to have in you your tank and plumbing.

AND sanitize your entire system at least annually with 50-100 ppm chlorine.

Chlorine is, after all natural. LOL

There is lots of hysteria out there about " chemical" and while some of it is good, people can go overboard about it..

2007 Chevy 2500HD Classic LBZ Duramax/Allison (Stock)
2005 Bigfoot 1500C8.2 AWESOME
garbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #12
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
Faucets are kinda light duty, so I would do an separate spigot with a cartridge filter. I have an Omnipure from and it's great.
Above is true,I know your unit is New but change out the kitchen faucet for a better Home metal type that you can screw a Omnipure on the outlet pipe. You will be on here asking about the squeeking,plastic faucet if you dont change it anyway. I changed all of my faucets before the first trip,went to Menards they have a good selection. Youroo!!

youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #13
Originally Posted by myredracer View Post
extremebike - good choice. Is that a 5" or 10" filter? The filter cost at HD seems awfully high. I bought our 5" ones at Water Filters: Replacement Water Filter Cartridges for Culligan, Everpure, Samsung, Pur, Brita, Pentek, GE, and more for just over $10 each. You should be able to buy them at wholesale plumbing places for a good price too.

We use a 10" carbon filter cartridge on our house due to the well water and it has a pretty good flow rate.

Water Filters: Replacement Water Filter Cartridges for Culligan, Everpure, Samsung, Pur, Brita, Pentek, GE, and more has a lot of good info on which filters to choose.
It's the 10 inch large canister and filter. I figured out that someone would shoot me waiting for the FW to fill. The large filter flows through about as fast as the tap will provide. The carbon filter has a much small screen so you need the large one to maintain the flow.

2004 Ford F550 6l Lariat SuperCrew, Fontaine Bed,
Link Systems Air Ride
2011 Sterling 32RL with Michelin XPS tires
extremebike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Originally Posted by TeresaInCAL View Post
You know you can buy an external filter, and filter the water as it comes in? Camco 40043 TastePURE RV Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector : : Automotive
They're about 20 bucks. Walmart has them too.
That camco filter you use is a 100 micron filter which DOES NOT filter much just an fyi.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #15
We have a Pur 10" on the outside for shore water.. 5 micron 2.5 gpm. it lasts about 3 mo. fresh water tank gets cleaned, then we filter that before our trip... only put about 10 or 15 gals for travel...
eaglehaslanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:54 PM   #16
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
That camco filter you use is a 100 micron filter which DOES NOT filter much just an fyi.

We don't drink this water, this is just household, mostly. I sometimes will use it through the PURE water filter, then in the coffee maker.

2013 f150 Ecoboost 4x4
2009 Gray Wolf, 22BH
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote