Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #91
Senior Member
 
caper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,973
If you want a 5 micro filter to be mounted outside, you could get a whole house filter(the same as inside the trailer) and have it outside of the unit. They make holder to sit the filter in when outside.
__________________

__________________
Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #92
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
If you want a 5 micro filter to be mounted outside, you could get a whole house filter(the same as inside the trailer) and have it outside of the unit. They make holder to sit the filter in when outside.
Correct you are.
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #93
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1
How would I know which replacement water filter to purchase for a 2005 Forester? When it was dewinterized, a new filter was not added so I don't know what numbers to use to get another one to add it again. We have REALLY bad well water to use in our RV and will need a filter.
__________________
JSRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #94
Member
 
redsuspenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cobourg, ON
Posts: 43
First thing when we got our new roo was take out the interior filter. Left all the lines in same location and just put in a pex barb to reconnect line.
We have never had one before, so I don't see the point now.
__________________
redsuspenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #95
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSRob
How would I know which replacement water filter to purchase for a 2005 Forester? When it was dewinterized, a new filter was not added so I don't know what numbers to use to get another one to add it again. We have REALLY bad well water to use in our RV and will need a filter.
Its most likely 10" or 5" length, diameter per mfg but you measure your bowl for what will fit. Most have same gasketed ends.
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #96
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post

Its most likely 10" or 5" length, diameter per mfg but you measure your bowl for what will fit. Most have same gasketed ends.
I think my canister has a pt. Number for filter right on it.
Culligan filters work fine.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #97
Senior Member
 
bob213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 652
You need to watch the flow rates of the filter you purchase. Filters from Home Depot or Lowes will work fine at filtering but can have a lower flow rate than a filter designed for an RV. If water is being pumped via your water pump this can make an even bigger difference. I bypassed my original so it no longer is served by the water pump. It's mounted outside and only filters water from the city connection. Here's some higher flow filters (although more expensive)
RV Water Filter Store: Standard Filter Canisters for Whole RV
and here's the original that came in my FR trailer:
http://www.flowpur.com/Merchant2/mer...egory_Code=RVF
__________________
bob213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: X
Posts: 2,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
You need to watch the flow rates of the filter you purchase. Filters from Home Depot or Lowes will work fine at filtering but can have a lower flow rate than a filter designed for an RV.
Why would a Home Depot whole-house filter have a lower flow rate than an RV filter? I don't believe it.
__________________
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #99
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
The micron rating denotes flow rate not the brand or place u buy it.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #100
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Why would a Home Depot whole-house filter have a lower flow rate than an RV filter? I don't believe it.
X2 as long as they are the same Micron#. Youroo!!
__________________

__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.