Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #41

Suggest you provide model number; I'm sure different Cherokee's will have stuff in different places. Also, what does "sealed up" mean? Can it be "unsealed?" If your water pump is in there, you may need to access it some time.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:22 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by adasha View Post
I'm about to buy a 2009 Cherokee and the guy sealed up the center part by the slide. He said there were some plumbing things behind there, but he didn't know what they were.
I'm concerned about where to look for a filter to take care of. He said he's never changed any kind of filter and they've used it all the time since 2009. What all places should I look for a filter?
Just downstream of the water pump and the city water inlet. They come together and there's usually a valve that prevents backflow from city water into the pump and freshwater tank (prevents inadvertent tank fill). Just downstream of that valve should be the in-line filter, so it filters water from both the city water line and from the fresh water tank via the pump.

If you don't know where the pump is, disconnect or turn off the city water line, make sure you have sufficient water in the FW tank, turn on the pump and open a faucet a bit. You can find the pump by listening around for the hum.

In some units access is from an inside panel, and in some it's from an outside water access compartment that might even be within another outside compartment. On our unit, you open one outside storage compartment and inside that is the access door for the water pump and bypass line.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:17 PM   #43

Not sure...

I am not sure where to describe. There's a wall that would be covered with the slide-out slid in. The guy said there was some plumbing stuff in there so he covered it in with wall.
I'd rather find the filter under the sink, outside, or anywhere else besides tearing out this wall.

I'm not sure of the model, but it's a 2009 Cherokee. It has 2 slides, 2 doors, bunkhouse on the left end, queen bedroom on the right. One door exits the bathroom. If that helps any?
adasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:13 PM   #44

Related to bypassing a water filter. My 2013 2109 has the Pur water filter forward in the storage area. Next to the water pump. I was in the trailer checkin' out BBQ joints on the computer when I heard a loud BANG against the trailer (at least that's what i thought it was). Sounded like someone took a 4x4 to the side of the trailer. Nope. It was the WaterPur FR1 canister (YES the canister not the cartridge) bursting! Hey folks this has been a south Texas trailer for pretty much it's whole life so I know it was not a freeze issue, also it was 76 degree out when it happened. I bought the PEX cutter ($ ouch) and 1/2" pex coupling, cut the old off and ditched the water filter and coupled two lines (in and out) together. Gonna check for drips tomorrow- too busy cleaning' up water right now. Not EVEN in the mood for BBQ.

BYPASS THE SUCKA' AND PUT A FILTER IN AT THE SPIGOT..
'
Willygeetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:39 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willygeetx View Post
Related to bypassing a water filter. My 2013 2109 has the Pur water filter forward in the storage area. Next to the water pump. I was in the trailer checkin' out BBQ joints on the computer when I heard a loud BANG against the trailer (at least that's what i thought it was). Sounded like someone took a 4x4 to the side of the trailer. Nope. It was the WaterPur FR1 canister (YES the canister not the cartridge) bursting! Hey folks this has been a south Texas trailer for pretty much it's whole life so I know it was not a freeze issue, also it was 76 degree out when it happened. I bought the PEX cutter ($ ouch) and 1/2" pex coupling, cut the old off and ditched the water filter and coupled two lines (in and out) together. Gonna check for drips tomorrow- too busy cleaning' up water right now. Not EVEN in the mood for BBQ.

BYPASS THE SUCKA' AND PUT A FILTER IN AT THE SPIGOT..
'

That is the very 1st ~ #1 ~~ mod I make on every new unit that has one! Think of how wonderful it would be if had not noticed immediately as most people do!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:52 PM   #46

Heard the same boom and gushing of water 3 nights ago. Same exact scenario. Water Pur FR1 cannister busted, water everywhere. Put in a bypass and removed the thing. Its in the trash now. Those things are ticking time bombs. Highly recommended everyone that has one in their RV to remove immediately!!!
murph mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:27 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph mobile View Post
Heard the same boom and gushing of water 3 nights ago. Same exact scenario. Water Pur FR1 cannister busted, water everywhere. Put in a bypass and removed the thing. Its in the trash now. Those things are ticking time bombs. Highly recommended everyone that has one in their RV to remove immediately!!!
I always removed them until the last unit with one. Had the dealer remove it before I drove away.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:27 PM   #48

OK I GIVE IN....
i did a repair on my PEX line to the FR1 filter a couple of months ago. i had a thread here.
i have not been able to put in the "filter door" screws as i can't sleep at night camping
without checking it a couple of times.

so what i want to do is put some quick connects
at the outside water supply inlet.
i have the investment of a new KW1 filter plus an additional one.
so i want to create a set up for outside. a few fittings and i should be done...

DOES ANYBODY HAVE PICS WHERE THEY HAVE DONE THIS SETUP?
I'D LOVE TO SEE THEM FOR IDEAS.
tmfaulksr1222@gmail.com

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
2015 Rockwood 8289WS Diamond Pkg
2015 Puma 253FBS (sold)
2013 BMW R1200GSW
tmfaulksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:32 PM   #49

I have had my Cedar Creek for a little over two years and I have not installed my filter yet, I think I'll install the filter. Then when I go to the rally this year maybe I'll find some new filters there
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:54 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I always removed them until the last unit with one. Had the dealer remove it before I drove away.
Smart move. I will never have another onboard purifier.
murph mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:04 PM   #51

FR1 Filter Removed & Set Up Externally

HERE IS MY FILTER REMEDY & SLEEPING BETTER

Removed the FR1 system from under the cabinet and installed 2 hose fittings on the filter housing which i purchased at Lowes.
Here is the stand i purchased to hold the system &
Here it is set up at Santa Rosa RV Resort in Navarre FL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3803e.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	245.1 KB
ID:	138265   Click image for larger version

Name:	51674681418__21524A85-49F4-43E8-8D9D-096BBC2D06CA.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	306.7 KB
ID:	138267  
2015 Rockwood 8289WS Diamond Pkg
2015 Puma 253FBS (sold)