Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #1

Question Water Filter- I know...

...there's so much regarding water filtration...,

but we have a new-to-us 2001 Cedar Creek 5th wheel with a whole house filter in the basement. It is an AquaPur CCI 10 CLW12 housing. Can we still run the water if there is no cartridge in the housing?

At this website: WaterPur Filters
it doesn't state which filter cartridge fits into my housing. We're ok to pay the price just to get it right the first time, then look for alternatives for the future.

Please help so we can get it ordered... right now the water pressure is at a trickle.

ps: That's a sad icon above, isn't it?
Old 08-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #2

Your housing looks just like mine in my 2010 CC, it's simply an inlet\outlet with a clear cartridge housing but color has nothing to do with fit. I've run mine without just to circulate the pink stuff thru the lines with no problems. My housing is a standard type and filters can be found at most plumbing supply stores and the big box stores too at approx. $5.00 apiece. They carry different micron levels and charcoal too. Good luck
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:48 AM   #3

My filter is the same...found a 2 pack at WallyWorld for about 8 bucks.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimnSylvia View Post

...there's so much regarding water filtration...,

but we have a new-to-us 2001 Cedar Creek 5th wheel with a whole house filter in the basement. It is an AquaPur CCI 10 CLW12 housing. Can we still run the water if there is no cartridge in the housing?

At this website: WaterPur Filters
it doesn't state which filter cartridge fits into my housing. We're ok to pay the price just to get it right the first time, then look for alternatives for the future.

Please help so we can get it ordered... right now the water pressure is at a trickle.

ps: That's a sad icon above, isn't it?
If the water is just a trickle that means your filter element is still inside? If so take it out and with you to a (Store?) for match up. Youroo!! Yes you can run the water system without a element inside,but (DONOT)!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:50 AM   #5

No filter installed would not be an issue. If you have concerns you could use an inline filter if connected to outside fawcett. If there is still just a trickle with no filter remove and clean out your fawcett aerators. Sometimes a sand like substance will be trapped and just a small amount will not allow water flow.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water filter