Old 07-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #51

We will use this for a bit more comfort while deciding whether to bypass our water filter.
m.homedepot.com/p/Basement-Watchdog-Battery-Operated-Water-Alarm-BWD-HWA/100038838.com
It seems to work well - costs around $10, the battery lasts a long time, it is sensitive to small amounts of water, and it makes a bunch of noise.

Starry2some is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey9712 View Post
Seeing this makes me nervous. We pick up our new TT tomorrow. I will definitely be finding this filter as soon as I get home and rigging it up to not move until I can get it out after our first trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
During your PDI make sure you have the tech show youwhere your water filter is (in a lot of Rockwoods, it is behind a screwed shut door!)

First mod I did was remove that special hinge and put in a "normal" door closure! now I can access that area of the RV easily (WHY they lock this door down is beyond me, it is also the access point to our HWT bypass valves!)

Anyway, there is also a special trick that our PDI tech showed us when you change filters. First that goofy looking piece of plactic that you will have in your owner's bag? Well THAT is the filter wrench and if you do not use it you will have similar woes as mentioed above.

Trick is to screw on the new filter hand tight, put the filter wrench on the filter, push UP from the bottem of the filter and tighten with the wrench. You will hear a click-pop - that is the sound of the filter seating securely.

Oh, and a little (really a LITTLE ) vasaline on the ring seal was another tip passed on to us by the PDI Tech.

Hope this helps!

OH and download the PDI checklist from the forums before you go pick up your unit tomorrow!!

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:56 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry2some View Post
We will use this for a bit more comfort while deciding whether to bypass our water filter.
m.homedepot.com/p/Basement-Watchdog-Battery-Operated-Water-Alarm-BWD-HWA/100038838.com
It seems to work well - costs around $10, the battery lasts a long time, it is sensitive to small amounts of water, and it makes a bunch of noise.
It better have a Auto Water Shutoff included with it! When the Alarm goes off and you go outside to shut off the Hydrant the (Damage) is already (Done)! Youroo!!
Old 07-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #54

I checked and I have the same type of water filter. It's on it's way out, so which way do I turn the black thing? I am afraid I will strip something. Attachment 57872

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
It better have a Auto Water Shutoff included with it! When the Alarm goes off and you go outside to shut off the Hydrant the (Damage) is already (Done)! Youroo!!
Um...notsosure...I went out and bought one yesterday myself and the damp detectors are pretty sensitive. Most water leaks start with just a few drops or dribble (which freaks this alarm out BTW..I tested it and it IS loud! )

Unless it is a explosive water leak then you are just plain screwed and I hope your insurance is paid up

Anyhow, for $10 it demonstrated due dilligence which I think would make a good case for any insurance claim

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water filter