Old 09-30-2015, 05:47 PM   #1
Water Filter Not Happy With

Just got off the phone with the local FR dealer. They want $44 for the replacement cartridge. a KW1...... Not going to Happen!!! Very displeased with this crappy piece of equipment.

Has anyone changed out the whole filter body and top?? Do you have much hose to work with ? My hose seems fairly short coming out of the walled compartment. Wondering if there is some extra hose length within the compartment, as in behind the wall. The Unit is Columbus 365rl 2014

Other than this piece of junk filter system, the trailer has been great, just love it.

collinpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 06:09 PM   #2
I was going to try using it for this year (picked my htt up last fall, so i didn't see a need to put the cartridge in for one trip). Canister broke on first trip and flooded the camper. So, instead of warranteeing it, i replaced it with a coupler. Went back to the Camco Blue inline hose filter.

PS. you can get the filter for about $30 direct from WaterPur. In theory, it wouldn't be such a bad idea. The filter media is 5 microns. The Camco is 30. The downside is the cost of the cartridge and the bad design of the canister.

2008 Dodge Durango
2015 Roo 23 ikss
deartruc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 06:19 PM   #3
Yes, you are right on both counts.
I want to remove the whole filter system and install a new one.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:21 PM   #4
Moderators' Assistant
did a quick Google search and found the first two places had them for around $29.
not sure if that's more acceptable or not.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 06:23 PM   #5
Thanks BDan... we are in Canada so we really get it put to us price wise.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:58 AM   #6
I disconnected my water filter, too hard to get at. Winterizing was a real pain. I go to Canadian Tire a buy a new inline filter every year.Just remember to use it to fill your clean water holding tank. Mostly for small sand that screws up your taps.Happy Trails
tankroady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:06 PM   #7
I just quit putting filter in and got an outside one
Think about things before you do them make life easier not harder.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:38 PM   #8
I found a similar filter system on amazon that used filters that only cost between $4 and $8 depending on the purification you want. It was almost an exact match in size and was replaced in less than 30 min's. I cant find the name on it and this was done 4 to 5 months ago. But just check amazon.
j free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:40 PM   #9
First thing I did was remove the craptacular filter system on our TT. Installed a re-usable irrigation system sediment filter. Since we don't use CG water for cooking or anything, really all I wanted to do was keep sediment out of the lines and fixtures. Use a 61 micron filter screen that's good for fine debris and silt. Can be washed and re-used. This one with a 250 mesh filter.

We take a couple 5 gallon jugs of spring water for cooking and drinking.

VFNT100-100P - 1 inch model w/ 100 mesh Polyester screen for Sprinkler & Irrigation Systems
2013 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7
2015 Flagstaff 27VRL
Riccochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:41 PM   #10
I have by-passed our water filter completely. Did the same on our previous 5'er. We don't drink water from the holding tank anyway and the filter is hard to get at and a nuisance when time to winterize. The cost of replacement cartridges is another reason. So if your not drinking water from your holding tank then just remove the entire assembly and join the lines together. Easy.

8288WS is offline   Reply With Quote

water, water filter