Old 01-28-2014, 07:01 PM   #11

THANKS KyDan. BillyBass for your comeback....and JohnF for the photo....I copied it to my computer. That way I can print it and use it as a template in the Spring, when I attempt to do the "water filter removal" myself.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
Here is how I did it.
I compared your photo to a photo of my Water Filter setup.....It looks like you replaced the whole blue piece of Pex....???

Old 01-28-2014, 07:55 PM   #13

Well, misery truly does love company and I feel better knowing I am not alone. I took lots of pics and kept the part. I also immediately notified the service manager at my dealer and texted him pics. Hopefully no damage occurred. One good thing about the cold, windy, unseasonable weather we have had is fast dry time.

2015 Sunseeker 3010ds
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #14

Mine looks like Youroo's, except that my filter is up even with the water inlet with just a short hose. I plumbed it like KyDan under the sink area where it was.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent's Fox Hole View Post
I compared your photo to a photo of my Water Filter setup.....It looks like you replaced the whole blue piece of Pex....???
That is correct.
4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:45 PM   #16

Had the same water filter issue with our new Rockwood 8289ws. Bought our rig in Shipshewana and had to stop on our way home at a Forest River dealer in Rapid City when the canister unscrewed itself. Instead of going through the warranty process just paid to have it removed. Poor location and bad filter product.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #17
Perma-Newb

This may sound like a stupid question, but given how easy these things are to break, I want to be sure. Looking down at the filter bowl, which way do these things un-screw? Mine is so tight it can’t be correct. There is a bit of play in either direction but it just stops turning after about 1/8” of play. I just want to avoid breaking it even though I’m taking it out all together. Thanks for the help...

2014 V-Lite 30WIKSS, Diamond Package W/All the goodies

http://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic50858_1.gif
EarlyRetirement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyRetirement View Post
This may sound like a stupid question, but given how easy these things are to break, I want to be sure. Looking down at the filter bowl, which way do these things un-screw? Mine is so tight it canít be correct. There is a bit of play in either direction but it just stops turning after about 1/8Ē of play. I just want to avoid breaking it even though Iím taking it out all together. Thanks for the help...
I have found that on mine I have to relive all water pressure first by opening the faucets at kitchen sink and turn to the left mine comes off fairly easy but your "O" ring might be dry and sticking you might have to turn harder I try to grab mine at the bottom to prevent the bowl from locking. On reinstalling I put a dab of sanitary "O" ring lube on it don't use any with petroleum in it as will damage the plastic housing.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyRetirement
This may sound like a stupid question, but given how easy these things are to break, I want to be sure. Looking down at the filter bowl, which way do these things un-screw? Mine is so tight it can’t be correct. There is a bit of play in either direction but it just stops turning after about 1/8” of play. I just want to avoid breaking it even though I’m taking it out all together. Thanks for the help...
Not so stupid. Set your wrench, hold filter base with other hand. Turn firmly to the left without jerking, and keep base from twisting and breaking.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:02 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Filter down .
Turn clear housing from right to left.

As said relieve water pressure.

TURBS
Sabre owners united!

Tags
water, water filter