Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
The Jolly Mon
 
NDJollyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ND...HELP!
Posts: 1,685
Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Water Filters

Ok, I know we talked about this before...
but danged if I can find it.

My SALEM came with a WaterPur CCI-5CLW12 water filter. I need a replacement filter for the canister.

Anyone know what filter replacements work with this one?
Where do you buy yours?

I see loads of online places selling filters, just not sure which I should get.
I'd also like to add a second in-line/hose type if possible. The water is pretty crappy out by the lake, and it gummed up my filter really bad in a couple months last season.
__________________

__________________
Pete (Jolly Mon)

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:07 PM   #2
Site Team
 
KyDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 6,732
I don't know exactly what filter that is but if the cartridge you seek
is about 2 inches in diameter and about oh......9 inches long
then it's a "standard" whole house filter and you can get them
almost anywhere,
WalMart
Lowes
Home Depot
etc......
It doesn't have to be that brand to fit.
We just look for those that say "contains activated carbon" or
"carbon coated".
Those are for helping to remove odor, chlorine smell and taste and
usually work pretty well unless the water is really bad.

Hope this helped a little!
Good Luck!
KyDan
__________________

__________________
KyDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:43 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
powerboatr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: homebase Quitman Texas at Lake Fork
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
I don't know exactly what filter that is but if the cartridge you seek
is about 2 inches in diameter and about oh......9 inches long
then it's a "standard" whole house filter and you can get them
almost anywhere,
WalMart
Lowes
Home Depot
etc......
It doesn't have to be that brand to fit.
We just look for those that say "contains activated carbon" or
"carbon coated".
Those are for helping to remove odor, chlorine smell and taste and
usually work pretty well unless the water is really bad.

Hope this helped a little!
Good Luck!
KyDan
lowes for us
we use the charcoal
at homebase it lasts about a month
on the road ... as needed
you can get a three pack for under 5 bux
__________________
Living in the Piney Woods of Texas.
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:43 PM   #4
The Jolly Mon
 
NDJollyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ND...HELP!
Posts: 1,685
Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
The size looks about right. There are about 40 gazzillion types!
__________________
Pete (Jolly Mon)

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
milzat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Prairieville, Louisiana
Posts: 1,927
Replaced my water filter yesterday. Got it from H2O SPLASH.
They've got many different sizes available.

I use the 20 Micron filter for good water pressure. Forest River installs and sells the .5(1/2) Micron and seems to cause water pressure problems.
__________________
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by milzat View Post
Replaced my water filter yesterday. Got it from H2O SPLASH.
They've got many different sizes available.

I use the 20 Micron filter for good water pressure. Forest River installs and sells the .5(1/2) Micron and seems to cause water pressure problems.
How do you tell which ones fit. The ebay photos/descriptions don't show the length.

I too have a cci-5clw12.

TIA
__________________
yipykyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by yipykyah View Post
How do you tell which ones fit. The ebay photos/descriptions don't show the length.

I too have a cci-5clw12.

TIA
Hardware stores have them for 8.00 for a two pack you can't buy them on ebay with shipping for that. Unless your buying in bulk but you normally only need one per year.
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 PM.