Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
Water Heater

I just bought a 2002 Sun Seeker LE, Forest River 289. I am having problems working the water heater, is their a elect switch, or a water cut off valve that i need to be aware of? Could you please give me instructions on how to lite it up.

Thank You,


Eddie Arredondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
AKA Bluebird
dimurrrw's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 1,061
Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Get the manufacturer and the model number off of the heater. (Probably Atwood or Suburban.) Go to their website and, hopefully, you will be able to download the manual for your specific heater. Yes, if you have one installed there is a sort of a cutoff valve - it is called a water heater bypass. Located at the back of the water heater, it is used to divert water around the water heater so that you can drain the heater to winterize it. You might have to dig to find it.
Happy Camping! ///// Richard D.
2006 4x4 Ford 250 SD / 2007 Flagstaff 827 FLS
One very patient wife and one furry child who travels with us. Forty-two years of trailering and camping, and I still have a blast.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.