Old 10-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #1

Water heater by-pass?

Can anyone give a email address for some one who can tell me where the water valve for the water heater is on my 2006 Sierra Toyhauler? I also need to know where the switches for the tank heaters would be? I really need some manuels or somewhere I can find some information on these items. The Forest River book I have is not much good for anything! The Wilderness i had before this camper had some very good manuels and actually had some helpful information.

Signed: Not impressed.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:37 AM   #2
Head Rambler

I only have general information for you as I don't own that model. The water heater valves, bypass, etc is behind the heater itself. Your tank heaters should be a switch near the monitor panel and of course it's usually not labeled. First thing to do is make sure you have electric tank heaters.

Normally unless the paperwork specifically says "electric" tank heaters it means that the tanks are heated by the furnace. They fool you by saying heated tanks. It's actually the furnace heating the area around the tanks.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #3

just purchased 378ts 2009 can anyone tell me where the bypass is for the hot water tank, and is water suppose to flow through water filter when just using tank water.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railroadman View Post
just purchased 378ts 2009 can anyone tell me where the bypass is for the hot water tank, and is water suppose to flow through water filter when just using tank water.
The water heater bypass should be near the inside section of the water heater....you might have to remove a panel or something to get to it.

Yes, the water from the fresh water tank should go through the water filter.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote