Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2018, 12:16 PM   #1

Water Heater Issue

I have a Suburban SW6 water heater. It work fine 3 weeks ago. On a trip now and it lights, burns for 5 seconds goes off. I cleaned the thermal coupler which did not help, actually it was very clean any way. I suspect a bad control board. I pulled that and do not see anything burned. Is there any way to check the board before replacing it? If I need to get a new board does anyone have a good source including getting a Dinosaur?
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:43 PM   #2

Update. No issue after all. When I got set up last night I ignited each burner on the stove briefly and had no issue. After thinking the water heater was not going to work I attempted to boil some water on the stove. I noticed the burner went out after about a minute. I tried again and the same thing burner went out after a minute. I knew I was not out of propane as I had weighed my tank before I left home. I guess I had some type of air lock. I turned of the value, disconnected the tank, reconnected, turned the tank valve open again, and everything including the water heater worked normally. There was propane coming through the line, but the volume and/or the pressure must have been very low. All is good now. I can get busy relaxing again.
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 02:05 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrabbit View Post
Update. No issue after all. When I got set up last night I ignited each burner on the stove briefly and had no issue. After thinking the water heater was not going to work I attempted to boil some water on the stove. I noticed the burner went out after about a minute. I tried again and the same thing burner went out after a minute. I knew I was not out of propane as I had weighed my tank before I left home. I guess I had some type of air lock. I turned of the value, disconnected the tank, reconnected, turned the tank valve open again, and everything including the water heater worked normally. There was propane coming through the line, but the volume and/or the pressure must have been very low. All is good now. I can get busy relaxing again.
Nothing better than having a problem turn out not to be a problem.

Glad it's resolved so you can get back to relaxing.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, water, water heater