Old 08-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
water heater question

When traveling does your water heater switch to gas as does the fridge if you leave it on? I don't do that but in case of forgetting it, and if you do not wish to use the gas for the heater is there a switch that is for electric only? I travel with the fridge on auto but have some that do not.

maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
If the refrigerator switch is set to auto it will change over to gas when you disconnect the power cord. If you do not want it to run on propane set the power switch on the refrigerator to off.
The water heater will not switch from electric to propane on its own. If you want it to run on electric flip the switch on the water heater to on. It will only run on propane if you turn the switch inside the rig to on.

backin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
another way of saying the same thing: u don't want the hw heater to run while ur on the move. on mine, there is a switch on the inside of the trailer for the gas side of the hw heater. if this is off, it won't try and light when the water temp drops.
i run mine on electric only and shut the breaker off when i leave the campground (my habit). i don't want to inadvertently leave the switch on for the hw heater and plug the trailer in for long periods w/o water (between trips).
it's easier for me to check the breaker
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote